Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

Sages or Warlords?: why are they interrelated

7 posts in this topic

Muhammad, Mahavira, Krishna, Gautama Buddha are or at least were great warriors. They were either in great warrior tribes or led wars upon wars against other factions for the sake of God. 

I once heard OSHO speaking fondly of warriors and speaking offensively at Rabbis. He said Rabbis are so inexperienced in war and are intrenched with knowledge and education that they do not know the realities of life, so they are more interested in violence, hence they are the most violent. He continued to say the Buddha understood the realities of violence, so he was able to transcend it unlike the Rabbis constantly preaching non-violence. 

The concept of war and enlightenment had intrigued me since day one even before my recent frequent study of war and politics. It always seemed to me that people who weren't proficient in conflict and war or were inexperienced were ironically most violent and aggressive, when others were more peaceful and down to earth. 

Edited by charlie cho

Well, real pacifism has to be a choice, not the only chance. The attitude of a weak man with no offensive/defensive abilities whatsoever can´t be properly called "pacifist", while Mike Tyson´s or Khabib´s can when they choose to not rip heads off (something they could do).

In the same manner, we  live in a progressively softer society as many among us live in mostly safe environments, and there is a consequent bias in modern times to fluffy/hippy spirituality, which I think lacks depth. The depth of fiery spirituality that takes into account that Cosmic Love can be at the root of manifestation, but within manifestation there is love and horror, peace and violence. Supressing 50% of what life means seems to me like a highly immature attitude towards spirituality and life itself. To me, the gracious, sincere hug of two fighters after a fight where they have been trying to knock the other one out is deeper in spiritual terms than the smiley welcoming of a hippy commune.

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

2 hours ago, Purple Man said:

To me, the gracious, sincere hug of two fighters after a fight where they have been trying to knock the other one out is deeper in spiritual terms than the smiley welcoming of a hippy commune.

that last sentence had inspired me Purple man. Really, that sentence illustrates the concern I had about people learning spirituality without understanding the realities of violence. 

It is my understanding that the world is composed of two parts. Creation and destruction. And most often the black, the yin, the downtrodden, the darkness, the evil, the women, the destruction, the shadow, the latter part of anything is always misunderstood. I guess that's how the world wants it to be. The world always wants the shadow to be unknowable, the woman to be misunderstood. 

But it remains a fact that both yin and yang have to be integrated if one wants a holistic understanding. 

Edited by charlie cho

I see it normal. If your life is oriented to war, especially in ancient times where everything was analog, you will be in contact with death in a very close way, and you will have been in situations where you have seen your death close. imagine spending hours in a sword battle, thousands of people dying, etc. a likely place for an awakening if you're predisposed

Because real wisdom and woke state brings also the vitality of the flesh to such points... 

Singer

14™

@charlie cho @charlie cho Interesting point, I grew up round violence so very use to the reality's of it. Now violence is just never apart of my life because I understand its realities and where it leads, if It has to come to war in the future I know how to play that game but its best avoided at all costs. All my old friends are either dead or in prison, that could well of been me if I didn't sense to not get sucked into the energies that drive it. 

Our society definitely has a very violent shadow and that is why you see an increase in popularity with boxing and mma which is showcasing our repressed thirst for bloodshed. I found even learning combat sports dose not give you the full understanding of how violence works in normal life because people can use weapons and come get you when your sleeping. If you chose war you have to be willing to face a potential lifetime of repercussions. If that is prison or someone hunting you down ect. Look into a guy called Geoff Thompson, he is a very high conciseness man who's work is all about understanding the nature of violence. 

Edited by Globalcollective

The difference between the religions vary greatly.

1. Jesus is wimp born out of a virgin. Has some delusions and gets very popular for being the spiritual rebel to Jews.

2. Moses is a fictional character in Jewish Folklore.

3. Mohammed is a meditative warlord wannabe Jesus. He wants a Christianity for Arabia. Good guy but not good enough.

4. Krishna is a fictional character in Hindu Folklore.

5. Mahavira is a prince who sees no point in war and goes to attain spiritual knowledge. Nails it and prescribes a way to others, although still in illusion that his way is the only way to get enlightened.

6. Buddha is a prince who sees a man suffering/dying on a road. Leaves home to go find about the Absolute Truth in life. Nails it and becomes the leader of so and so, scientific modern spiritual people.

7. Guru Nanak is quite a normal scientific guru and understands both Vedic Scriptures, Buddhism and Sufism. He travels all of Indian Subcontinent and some parts of Persia. His 5th/6th(idk) disciple turns out to be a warlord and hence Sikh Empire.

The difference between Buddha and Mahavira is that Buddha said to his disciples to not trust his words, rather fact check for themselves. This made Buddha somewhat immortal.

You've been fed either a secular idea or a mono-religious-my-religion-best idea. All religions are not equal. They seem equal because you've been taught that they're all from an enlightened person.

Go on Amazon. Buy every popular religious book that you can find and read all of them. You'll notice the differences, even within the religion.

Name one popular religion that goes deep into psychology and self-enlightenment other than Early Vedic Upanishads, Buddhism, Jainism, Early Sikhism. It isn't a matter of Asian superiority, it's just some individuals who understood spirituality opened schools in Asia and not in Middle East, Europe, Africa.

Yes there is tons of good enlightenment knowledge in Christian mysticism and Sufism. Many enlightened masters. But that has nothing to do with Jesus and Mohammed. Eckhart is 10x better than Jesus and Rumi 10x better than Mohammed. 

Even present day Leo is better than Jesuses of the past. You don't need to put him on the cross to put to the test lol but if you learn from Leo, you'll learn much better and faster than if you learn from Jesus, Mohammed or Krishna.

I hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings.