Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon Nankivell

Normal for dream activity to increase since awakening experience?

5 posts in this topic

Since 2 recent awakenings in the last few months + a gradual unfolding of inner peace over the last 12 months, I've noticed dream activity increase. Especially since the most recent awakening.

My mind has been pretty relaxed lately. Spending hours outside in nature sitting and doing nothing. Walking sometimes.

It seems as if the ego is attempting to fight for its survival by ramping up dream activity.

Coincidence?

Or normal?

we always dream. you can't claim that you've spent one night without dreaming! that's completely impossible!

we dream many things and we forget 90% -100% of 'em every single night! 

when you increase your mindfulness, you simply increase your memory and attention skill which in turn, increases the chances of reminding dreams. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Brandon Nankivell

A lot of processing of trauma and realizations happens when you dream. You can really notice this if you do any body based types of therapy, when you have a release into more relaxation it is usually followed by some dream that was related to processing the trauma tension. 

I would start keeping a dream journal if you haven't. You will probably get a lot of interesting stuff out of it. It can be really interesting & illuminating to try and figure out what conciousness was doing when you were in the dream state. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

27 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

A lot of processing of trauma and realizations happens when you dream. You can really notice this if you do any body based types of therapy, when you have a release into more relaxation it is usually followed by some dream that was related to processing the trauma tension. 

This has been my experience, too, when I've engaged in practices that bring attention into the body I've noticed that I'll have periods where I'm having vivid, often rather troubling and upsetting dreams, presumably as the result of the resurfacing of old traumas that had previously been buried in my subconscious. Not always a lot of fun to experience, but it's actually a positive sign that the practices you're engaged in are working.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan