John Iverson

Using Dream for Personal Development

6 posts in this topic

Is there anyone here who can give me some real master who have wisdom using dreams for personal development? , i want to explore dreams for personal development use.. share some practical how to guide, and other varities i could explore. Show me the path of dream

edit: share your interesting experiences 

Edited by John Iverson

4 hours ago, universe said:

Do you mean regular dreams or lucid dreams?

I think of lucid dreams but what’s in the regular dreams? It is new to me that we can also explore the regular dreams 

Yes, there are ways in which you can get something like messages from your subconscious if you analyze your dreams.

For lucid dreams I find the concept of practicing a skill or using it for self-actualizing fascinating but I haven't had a lucid dream in many years. Do you have lucid dreams?

If not, the first step would be to get them more frequently.

@John Iverson In general, observe your dreams and try to find connections to real life. Where are feeling states the same? That's how you pick up meanings and how you learn from them. That being said, here are some points that you can also disregard if not applicable:

Assume that all in your dreams is you.

Children are often child aspects of you.

If the main theme is you running away from a bear or something then it is you are avoiding something in your life.

How people that you know from real life interact with you in your dreams is how you see the relationship with them. It becomes apparent how you want to be in that relationship during the day.

You stepping into a role in a group of people is you exploring that role. Maybe explore that role too during the day if it felt inspirational & authentic.

What you do with others in your dreams is often what you want to do with them during the day.

Focus more on the overarching story rather than the details. How you feel in your dream is more important than what you think or what happens. It is important to see how you feel based on what you think and what you pick up from the environment.

A goal can be explicitly something you want or implicitly can stand for another thing that you want.

I suggest the app Lucidity for writing down your dreams. Perhaps jot down what you think the dream teaches you. Read the dreams of last night right before going to bed: go into that memory and imagine how it felt to be there.

Here are some interesting threads. You can also @ the topic starters that they reply here.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

I like the work of Carl Jung for looking more into dreams, helped me with shadow work and individuation..

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。