Christian

How To Increases Self Esteem?

5 posts in this topic

Ever since my childhood, I have had low self esteem. My low self esteem manifests in many ways particularly in my relationships. I am often afraid to speak up in the face of conflict, I feel like I am not interesting and that I do not have anything of value to offer. I gode my authentic self to avoid rejection, hatred, loneliness, etc.

Also, I chase grades and materialism over relationships and I think I wanted to have the grades because my brother used to put me down constantly - never felt good enough so I wanted to prove myself and show how good I am. But I can see that it is destroying my life really if I keep going along this track. Because it is not authentic to me to be behaving like this.

I desperately want to change the root which is my low self worth, but I lack the information currently. If anyone could give me ideas on how to increases self esteem, that would be highly  appreciated. 

38 minutes ago, Christian said:

Ever since my childhood, I have had low self esteem. My low self esteem manifests in many ways particularly in my relationships. I am often afraid to speak up in the face of conflict, I feel like I am not interesting and that I do not have anything of value to offer. I gode my authentic self to avoid rejection, hatred, loneliness, etc.

Also, I chase grades and materialism over relationships and I think I wanted to have the grades because my brother used to put me down constantly - never felt good enough so I wanted to prove myself and show how good I am. But I can see that it is destroying my life really if I keep going along this track. Because it is not authentic to me to be behaving like this.

I desperately want to change the root which is my low self worth, but I lack the information currently. If anyone could give me ideas on how to increases self esteem, that would be highly  appreciated. 

take action and dont go into victim mode. undestanding psychology and doing meditation also helps.

Do you have any addictions? People with low self esteem always have some type of addictions. try to get rid of all of them. that usually does wonders for self esteem. Im qualified to speak on this one, trust me :)

@Christian Self-esteem is kind of tricky.
You can improve your self-esteem greatly by taking massive action in your life, and that's great.
BUT
let's say you become a world-class pianist, and you feel great about yourself. And one day, your fingers get chopped off. And u foked.
You will be back to square one, perhaps even lower.
So I would suggest balancing it with taking massive action and then moving into a space of "self-esteem transcendence".
Which means, your self-esteem will be based on merely being.
In order to achieve this (and it's a wonderful place once you get there, trust me) several steps are needed.
1. Mindfulness meditation, daily!
2. Imagine yourself without ANYTHING you attach yourself to - like family, house, whatever you study or do, your career, hobbies. And ask yourself. Why do I need all these things to feel good about myself and to be happy? What would it look like, if happiness and good self-worth were my default state, without any of my attachments?
3. Shadow-work - that's too big of a topic to be discussed here.

Good luck man! :-)

edit: 
You could summarize this technique in a simple sentence.
Maximize and build up your current paradigm, and then let go of it fully.

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

First off, what is self-esteem? It's a thought. Quit believing this thought that you have low self-esteem, and thinking it's somehow reality or the truth.

Second, why do you even believe you have low self-esteem? Do you try and please others? Do you hold others above you and think they matter more than yourself? Why? Because society and personal experiences you had growing up made you believe such a silly thing?

You can have "high self-esteem" this very moment: Just quit giving a fuck. Other people don't matter. What they think doesn't matter. What you think doesn't matter, so why should other people's thoughts matter? Do what you want, and do it unapologetically, because it doesn't fucking matter.

Edited by Frogfucius