SLuxy

Emotional numbness

25 posts in this topic

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

11 hours ago, SLuxy said:

Yes. They have chapters in major countries but I recommend to do it either in your mother language or in the USA where the process was born more than 50 years ago. 

To understand what happens at the process u can buy a book called Hoffman Proccess on Amazon. Com

Its not cheap. About 5K for 7 days residential retreat but if u ask me, it was the best investment of my life and I invest money professionally ???

@Vzdoh I better start getting them dollar bills saved up ;). Thanks for the heads up.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

@SLuxy this is usulaly a coping mechanism and I used to experience it a lot and still have phases. 

You can't think your way out of it. What works for me is not fighting the numbness and allowing yourself to feel subtle emotional changes, such as a wave of anger, sadness, joy. 

Watching certain movies can be very moving too, as well as playing and cuddling with pets. 

Try doing something nice for someone even if you don't feel too motivated because that can make you feel alive and joyful. 

Be mindful of automatic attempts to shut off an emotional wave (contracting your body, rationalizing, trying to understand it intellectualy, eating, videogames, drugs, youtube...) and practice stopping those behaviors and relaxing/surrendering or focusing on your body. 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan