fopylo

The refreshment that comes with doing nothing (quick insight)

9 posts in this topic

Practicing the do nothing technique, I am noticing myself becoming more free of expectations, but it hit me in a very subtle way that inspired me to write that.

I was busy listening to an outro song of a series I like and it all sounded and looked fresh, almost as if I'm hearing it for the first time, didn't expect the rest of the music in my head. I stayed open to the unfolding of the moment. This could also allow me to enjoy it more and flow with it. I still remembered the song in the back of my head obviously, but it's as though I didn't let it confine me (?), if that makes sense...

It was pretty nice and I felt more immersed. I let myself become more immersed.

Because I practice becoming immersed with the void

I too am learning the power of active inactivity 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Nice. I struggle with trying to control things to go a certain way; it’s freeing to remind myself that life unfolds better when we learn to let go and allow our natural gifts to shine. 

The funny part is, the only thing you ever do is be yourself, and you're always doing it, without ever trying to. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle

Do you consider acting from resistance as "being yourself"? You could say that resistance is a blockage from a more true authentic you, therefore you're not actually being yourself. But you could also say that currently you're acting exactly in accordance to how you're supposed to, whatever the case is - Me acting out from resistance would be me being myself in the sense that I'm acting out from the resistance I created for myself.

They both sound quite true but I resonate more with the idea that resistance is the blockage to the truer you. Both ideas probably lead to the same place in the absolute.

But I find the second idea kind of pointless as for helping navigating the relative domain. I find that acknowledging your resistance/suppression of a more authentic version of yourself will help guide you into a direction of freeing yourself. I would rather be myself fully. For me to adopt your idea to affect my life, I'd need to really raise my consciousness to very high degrees.

Edited by fopylo

52 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Mason Riggle

Do you consider acting from resistance as "being yourself"? 

I consider anything I do as 'being myself'. 

I consider myself to always be my authentic self.

'Trying to be like myself' and 'trying not to be like myself' are the same thing. The are both 'what I'm doing', which is 'being like myself'.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

10 hours ago, fopylo said:

Practicing the do nothing technique

This made me do the laughter technique. xD

It's funny that prior to learning about spirituality, doing nothing is just doing nothing. After learning about spirituality, doing nothing is a technique. 

@This Yeah man I mean it is really effective. But it's not so surprising once you realize that as a child sometimes sitting alone and being with yourself was very satisfying. Sitting by yourself playing with the floor, staring at the scenery - those were quite satisfying as they helped ground yourself and recollect yourself, center yourself. It is quite cool. Doing nothing is merging with the freedom, the emptiness