Endangered-EGO

Satisfaction video lacks one important point.

9 posts in this topic

Leo talked about a positive reinforcement loop about satisfaction intensifying.

The most important information is, Once you have reached access concentration in meditation, you need to put your concentration on pleasure, to enter the jhanas. It's necessary to max out concentration with pleasure) going through the jhanas to inquire reality with that intense concentration.

I'm not really an expert in jhanas, but they are incredible and definitely worth giving it a try.

@Endangered-EGO can you elaborate more on what you mean with jhanas?

For me dissatisfaction is what drives me and brings me out of bed. Once you rewire your brain to be satisfied with everything that is, how can you still function brush your teeth or take a daily shower? 

@Kindle Jhanas are basically steps of meditation. You focus on breath, then on pleasure, then you have a cosmic orgasm, then equanimity, and then you get to experience nothingness infinity existence and non existence. In THAT state you have the strongest concentration possible.

Now, if you ask the question "what is reality/Who am I" you'll get an answer

(It's a metaphorical description of course)

It's basically self inquiry with 100000 times more power.

Ive mentioned this in multiple other threads, but Ill mention it here too because of how powerful this series of talks is, but anyone interested in learning how to access all 8 jhanas should look into Rob Burbea’s Jhana retreat on Dharmaseed. 

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

It's basically self inquiry with 100000 times more power.

Can confirm. Self inquiry after learning how to access jhanas became exponentially more powerful. 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

Ive mentioned this in multiple other threads, but Ill mention it here too because of how powerful this series of talks is, but anyone interested in learning how to access all 8 jhanas should look into Rob Burbea’s Jhana retreat on Dharmaseed. 

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Consilience Do you have online ressources. Furthest I went was 4th.

Realm of Infinite Space - 5th Jhana:
https://dharmaseed.org/talks/60883/

May be fun to start here, but it would be more useful to review the other recordings and build your way up. Hope this helps.