alpha_ulrich

A post of gratitude for Leo

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, I didn't know where to post this, so going with the general discussion sub-category. I came across Actualized.org in 2017, when a friend of mine tried to get me to listen to one of Leo's sermon's while we were driving back home from work (we had a good 50 km drive every day during those days, through Delhi's peak traffic). I did not pay much heed to it, till the time I decided to watch one of the videos myself. The first video I seriously watched was the "Reality is a strange loop" video, and I was quite amused by the fact that I was reading Godel, Escher, Bach at the time. Then came one of the turning points in my life. I took LSD for the first time in January 2018. And boy, did I have a bad trip. It was a full-blown psychosis, and majorly down to the fact that I did not fully understand what I was getting into, and took it as a recreational drug. The friend who had introduced me to Actualized.org was also a part of that trip, and he tried his best to help me make sense of things, especially through Leo's videos. One funny thing I remember is that just a day after taking LSD, I was watching one of Leo's videos in my apartment,and I was convinced that he is talking to me from some cave, live. Anyway, that was that, and it took me a good 6-8 months to fully make sense of what happened during that trip, and come back out on the other side. I had to battle depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts, something which I had never experienced before. I came face to face with my most primal instincts. In these 6-8 months, I took complete break from work (I could afford to do that because I had my own startup at this point), and just consumed knowledge available on the internet. I have to say, this has left me a lot wiser than before.

Fast forward to 2019, and I was planning my second LSD trip in May (and it did happen). This was also not that good, but I only went into the dark depths for about a couple of days, as compared to months last time. I had watched a lot of Leo's videos, so I had the tools to handle it better this time around. I had been meditating on and off since 2016, but I don't think my meditation practice is anywhere strong enough to help me through an acid trip.

On 2nd August, I had my third acid trip, and first solo acid trip. I was quite amused to see Leo's video about dangers of psychedelics posted around the same time. A skill I learned before the third trip was to source acid in my area in a safe manner on my own, as all my previous trips, I had got the acid from my friends. It was the first time I did not experience any post-trip negativity, which is a huge progress for me. I plan on doing LSD for a long time, even though Leo recommends DMT. I don't think I am ready for that right now, and LSD trips themselves are quite profound for me.

So, the essence is, that I want to thank Leo for all the work he does! I can't imagine what my mental state would have been without his guidance and wisdom. I am Hindu, and have read Bhagawad Gita, and I find it really amazing that you have reached the same ideas and teachings through your own explorations, which are part of a monumental manuscript.

P.S. - Leo, please add an SSL certificate to your root website. (https://letsencrypt.org/ might help)

thank you very much for this post and thank you leo for making such a difference in my life x

take a break kick back and chill to some nice loving vibes ...

Edited by gettoefl

Sweet pic. 

5iv2d8.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Sweet pic. 

5iv2d8.jpg

Ahaha, Yes. Leo is love!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said: