Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martin123

Timlessness And A Shift

9 posts in this topic

I had a deep realization yesterday of the illusory nature of time.
I heard Allan Watts talk about it before "Time is a social institution"
-here

I have been able to understand it on a logical level. But yesterday I had a deep realization in myself.
I never really realized how much of a "time slaves" we are, up until this point. It literally runs our whole day, it is as if an invisible clock was ever so urgently ticking.
Tick-tock: Your death is approaching
Tick-tock: You need to achieve your goals
Tick-tock: Day is getting shorter
Tick-tock: Sleep-time gonna be here soon
Tick-tock: Your body is getting older and weaker
And this is a complete illusion. There is no time at all. Not that time is relative or anything like that.

It just simply isn't in existence. It is a totally human made-up phenomena. 
I realized that everything is just happening in an infinitely deep present moment, and this really added a lot of peace into my sense of reality.
Reality is deep, infinitely deep, and this depth is in everything. In me, in you, in the keyboard I am typing on, in the screen I am looking into. There is only depth that has the capacity to absorb everything.
COOL! <3

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 Yeah I had this realization a few months ago, I was struggling to understand it myself even though I knew it logically as well too. There was a moment where I threw my book to the ground and time felt like it slowed down as I watched it fall and make a thud. Then it hit me that the only thing that is happening is our surroundings are changing in a cause and effect manner. Life is just flowing, once you tap into that life just becomes a dream :)

@Martin123 Time is only a tool that the mind uses to make sense of reality. Not much different than a sense of spacial directions like up, down, back, front , here, there. Yesterday is yesterday only in it's relationship to today being today. It's all relative.  Einstein said it best in his quote "Time is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"

A) Time is a very useful social acknolegement and agreement. Without agreeing on Time we are not able to meet at all. Being able to meet and socialize is a need for human beings.

B) Time is inherent to human being. Actually every biologically life-form. You must bite the bullet that your life is finite. You lie to yourself if you say that that is illusion. So you better start to meditate your own death.

C) Timelessness. You can experience timelessness. When saying so you experience the presence of being or doing and not beeing aware of how much time you spent in that state of mind. Commonly called "flow" state (when referring to nowadays happiness research and quoting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mihaly_Csikszentmihalyi .)

D) Mankind would not have been able to navigate around the earth and exactly know on which longitude the sailing ship is. In the field of blue water sailing (with no coastline in sight) it is not enough to have instruments for astronomical navigation. You also need to have exact and precize knowledge of what time it is. With the astronomical instrument you measure the latitude. With a clock you can set the noon time once a day. Having a second clock that is set to the reference time - not being deviated the precizeness by waves and tides and let's say Greenwhich mean time - you then have a time difference between the clocks by which you can calculate the longitude. One revolution of the earth in one day is 360 degreeds or 24 hours.

E) When Einstein came out with the special and general theory of relativity there was a new way to describe physical reality in terms of 4-dimensional spacetime. To have this distincted from absolute time one need to understand how inertial systems move relative to each other and how that creates gravitational forces. Then you need to understand why time passes slower in the presence of large masses (gravitational force). Once that is understood you have a satisfactory means to understand the perihel movement of the innermost planet in our solar system. Hence you have means to navigate a space ship within the solar system and ability to travel to - let's say - mars or to crash a probe head into an asteroid.

F) According to lambda cdm model of the univers it is 13,8 billion years old.

G) To consciously understand what time else can mean you may want to take up some long lasting bet (http://longnow.org/about/, http://longbets.org/rules/)

Regards

Edited by Meta Morphoses

33 minutes ago, Meta Morphoses said:

Time is inherent to human being. Actually every biologically life-form.

The physicist has come to a certain understanding -- that it is the fourth dimension of space -- but that too does not demystify it. In fact it becomes even more mysterious. 

There is another meaning of time -- psychological time -- which has significance, more significance than chronological time. 

Mind is psychological time. Mind is time. If you don't have any mind and you are simply silent with no thought moving within, there is no time for you, not psychological time. The clock will go on moving, but for you the inner clock stops -- time stops, the world stops. That is the dimension of meditation.

As you go deeper into meditation time disappears. When meditation has really bloomed there is no time found. It happens simultaneously: when the mind disappears time disappears. Hence down the ages the mystics have said that time and mind are nothing but two aspects of the same coin. Mind cannot live without time and time cannot live without mind. Time is a way for the mind to exist.

@Meta Morphoses Oh dude why you nitpick so hard =DD
Did I say Im gonna miss all of my appointments now? :D Of course not! Of course I meant the flow state, which I have now been able to keep up consistantly for 24hours now. 
Time is a social institution. If you live in a society, you follow it. Other than that, you don't need time at all. You need time only when relating to others.

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

14 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Mind is time. If you don't have any mind and you are simply silent with no thought moving within, there is no time for you, not psychological time. The clock will go on moving, but for you the inner clock stops -- time stops, the world stops.

@Prabhaker I've heard this referred to as "Timeless Time". Sweet!

@cetus56

Jesus is asked by someone, "What will be the most unique thing in your kingdom of God?" And Jesus says, "There shall be time no longer." A very unexpected answer: There shall be time no longer. That will be the most unique thing about the kingdom of God -- because there will be no mind, how can there be time?