martinka24241

Books on loneliness

5 posts in this topic

Teal swan has a book.but i didnot read it.so i dont know how legit it is

This book is more focused on depression, but there is a chapter just about loneliness. I would highly recommend this book!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34921573-lost-connections

“Loneliness isn’t the physical absence of other people, he said—it’s the sense that you’re not sharing anything that matters with anyone else. If you have lots of people around you—perhaps even a husband or wife, or a family, or a busy workplace—but you don’t share anything that matters with them, then you’ll still be lonely.”
― Johann Hari, Lost Connections

Edited by DaveB

On 8/4/2021 at 0:31 PM, asifarahim said:

Teal swan has a book.but i didnot read it.so i dont know how legit it is

I read it– The Anatomy of Loneliness by Teal Swan. I actually listened to it on Audible. Her voice is so calming and everything she teaches is super helpful. I would definitely recommend it. 

She breaks down loneliness into three pillars– separation, shame, and fear. She then has a chapter on creating a connection and one on maintaining it. Super clean-cut and practical. 

Anatomy of Loneliness is quite helpful, although it's not so nuanced as I expected from her. I noticed that this book contains many topics Teal already covered in her videos. It felt like a condensed version of her youtube vids for the most part.

Try also Gabor Maté, not sure about him though.

Search in the forum for books and posts on socialization and making friends.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003