fopylo

I'm about to do a potentially dangerous Shamanic exercise. Please tell me if it's ok

6 posts in this topic

I haven't done Shamanic Breathing in a long time and the frustration finally got to me and I'm tired of postponing it all the time for a perfect setting. I have finally decided to do today, in fact I am planning on doing it after I write this, so I need quick advice whether it's ok or could really harm me.

I just finished practicing sprints (I'm after the shower) and my lungs are quite exhausted (I still have energy, they're just a little bigger now), and I'm also quite light-headed. Unfortunately my mother came back home so that will make it very hard and I might try to suppress myself and worry what if she walks in on me or hears my deep breaths from the other side (I'm also with my eyes closed and listening to a guiding youtube video so I won't hear really my surroundings.

Please, should I do it?

My thought at the start was "fuck it. I'll do it. I'm young, let me build experience. Worse case, I'll fuck myself and learn." But now the fatigue started to get to me, feeling a bit dizzy and lightheaded from the run (might almost faint in the Shamanic Breathing), and I feel some anger and hate rising in me because of my mother being in the house (but she's going to bed soon, but hopefully my father doesn't come surprisingly home).

Ok, what do you think? The sooner the better, please

Edited by fopylo

Perhaps instead sit, relax your body and mind, meditate for 10 minutes, and then contemplate why you feel like you have to do the breathing exercise at all. Maybe you don't need it after all.

Have you seen this vid?

I think mastering body awareness is more fundamental than hardcore breathing exercises. With enough awareness, you don't even need to go hardcore with the breathing techniques. Your body will adjust very quickly to any changes, as long as you're aware.

Personally, whenever I practice spirituality, safety is always my #1 priority. And I never force the practice. If it's not authentic to me, I don't do it.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

it's up to you man, but i wouldn't recommend doing that, since as you said there are problems with your set and setting.

Only you can know how much you can handle you start with 5 min then increase over time if you sense you cant handle it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Well it might have been stupid but I eventually did it lol ?

I wrote about it here:

Basically I feel a bit dizzy, a bit light, calm. Felt like an intense "do nothing" meditation + being grounded in deep rest. I got some insights I've wrote about, quite an epic experience. But I'm a bit scared that I might get some unexpected side-effects. Hopefully they won't embarrass me or fuck me up lol