Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bodhitree

And he was gone

5 posts in this topic

After having visited the forum for about six months and taking in a few of Leo’s video’s, I have come to the conclusion that it’s not conducive to my further development to keep putting time into it. Basically for the following reasons:

• Leo is not my type of spiritual guide. I’ve learnt from some of the best, and he’s a long way short of that. I hope he knows what he is doing because it’s his hand at the tiller of this community of mostly young folks
  • The content is crying out for some structure, if you approach the big pile of videos there is no sense of progression, no idea of where to start, no idea of what actualised.org’s plan is; this filters through to the new people who appear, who seem to just have random questions
  • The community seems over-focussed on this psychedelic-fuelled god-realisation idea. I think it’s not a good direction to go in, spiritually. Mostly people don’t know what is meant by god anyway, and don’t have any idea of how to get there.
  • There just aren’t enough sincere spiritual seekers mixed in with the larger crowd. I don’t get any sense of wisdom shared, instead I get a sense of chaos barely kept at bay. I don’t see purity, I don’t see virtue, I don’t see love. The pua stuff is at best a bridge for the young guys, but it quickly turns toxic. 

The things you do well: the moderating team seems good, the separate sections for dating and mental health were a good idea, there is a reasonable amount of openness. Thanks for the introduction to Sam Harris Waking Up app, the various discussions on Spiral Dynamics, and some funny trip reports. 

Wishing you all well. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

Take care. 

imo your scope is a bit small

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Bodhitree Go where you feel the resonance. Enjoy your realizations beneath the bodhi tree. Only you know the shade that will bring you rest.

I am an outlier in this community. I'm not young, have no interest in psychedelics, and have seen little of Leo's content. Still, this was the sanctuary that I stumbled across after my eyes opened, and I will always honor it for that. Our community is a melange of mirrors, Consciousness gazing upon itself, diffracting its reflections in every direction, but somehow ultimately pointing to the sameness of us all.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Bodhitree

6 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

• There just aren’t enough sincere spiritual seekers mixed in with the larger crowd. I don’t get any sense of wisdom shared, instead I get a sense of chaos barely kept at bay. I don’t see purity, I don’t see virtue, I don’t see love. The pua stuff is at best a bridge for the young guys, but it quickly turns toxic. 

Perhaps the chaos is only within you

Farewell, may you find a more suitable sanctuary for yourself. Best wishes to you!