Vignan

LSD Microdose during Vipasana Retreat?

25 posts in this topic

Another perspective to consider (I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it goes with the ethical part of things-- this is something I picked up from Daniel Ingram for advice on what to do on retreats at places that teach specific styles): = Respect and do what they teach and abide by the guidelines set in place at the location where you're doing your retreat.  

• I'm not sure how I feel about it.  On one hand, I feel that and would be probably more prone to doing it as he advises.  Just maybe something of a respect thing and if something happens, they'll have a better understanding of what's going on and you won't feel you have to hide things from them.  
  • On the other hand, it could help you during the retreat.  

I'd probably just stick to doing it sober and as they instruct.  

But feel it out for yourself.  Only you can decide what feels most right and good to you.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I mean, if we're being totally honest here, microdosing sounds like yet another egoic attempt to reach some pinnacle of God-realization that you believe you are unable to access in ordinary consciousness. 

The real benefit of meditation has extremely little to do with breakthrough, peak-experience moments. It has to do with the sustained and cultivated effort to remain mindful of mental aggregates and body-thought patterns, day in and day out, for the rest of your life. 

There is a reason sobriety is stressed during meditation retreats. You are already putting yourself in a demanding and intensive environment. Be careful about applying too much gas to the sports car that is your mind. 

On 7/18/2021 at 2:44 AM, OneHandClap said:

I mean, if we're being totally honest here, microdosing sounds like yet another egoic attempt to reach some pinnacle of God-realization that you believe you are unable to access in ordinary consciousness. 

The real benefit of meditation has extremely little to do with breakthrough, peak-experience moments. It has to do with the sustained and cultivated effort to remain mindful of mental aggregates and body-thought patterns, day in and day out, for the rest of your life. 

There is a reason sobriety is stressed during meditation retreats. You are already putting yourself in a demanding and intensive environment. Be careful about applying too much gas to the sports car that is your mind. 

I agree with you. I personally never microdosed before. All I know about it is not a psychedelics at that dose. It's more like a creative and performance enhancer like a nootropic. 

After my breakthrough the only thing that's in my mind was how to attain the highest levels of consciousness while being sober. 

1 hour ago, Vignan said:

I agree with you. I personally never microdosed before. All I know about it is not a psychedelics at that dose. It's more like a creative and performance enhancer like a nootropic. 

After my breakthrough the only thing that's in my mind was how to attain the highest levels of consciousness while being sober. 

Yes, it is true that microdosing acts more like a boost than a full-on, noticeable trip.

But it is also true that microdosing is reliance on a substance to change the state of consciousness. My thinking is, at the moment of death, consciousness is crucial. I will most likely be sober at death. Therefore, I contemplate in sobriety. Everyone's mileage may vary, of course :) 

4 hours ago, Vignan said:

As one deepens in their meditation practice, even a microdose can start facilitating ego death like states where oneness is undeniable. Don't underestimate the power and utility of a microdose, especially with bridging and integrating these profoundly altered psychedelic states with the mundane, sober state.