Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

caffeine vs meditation

5 posts in this topic

I realised that I perform better in any activity when i drink a coffee before (obviously) but I hate being reliant on a substance in order to perform better, so my question is:

is meditating sort of a slow way to caffeinating myself ?

because both increase consciousness right ? and so does breathe work right ?

Edited by levani

1 hour ago, dflores321 said:

the only and I mean only thing keeping the awesomeness of You veiled from you is the egoic pattern of trying to escape how you feel physically emotionally etc. 

Welcome home 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, dflores321 said:

Dont fall into that trap. I was in that one for years.

Consciousness is always infinite and awesome no matter what's going on in the body state. 

Here's the truth, if all sensations are welcomed including that awesome caffeine rush, including the blissful headaches associated with the comedown, including the transition in energy levels, then you will be in bliss. 

^this is something no one wants to accept, because it's too good to be true and it's simple. 

Matter of fact, drink your coffee and meditate, then later on at night when it's worn off meditate and fully be open to the whole experience, the headache, the lower energy, etc. 

You will be surprised to see that nothing's actually changed.

Sounds crazy but trust me on this lol. 

The energy levels, diet, etc. Are just survival stuff, you can smoke cigarettes every day and be fully enlightened, the body will breakdown and die quicker but you wouldnt give a fuck at that point lol. (Not encouraging this)

^ diet, lifestyle, practices are just a matter of preference and what you want, you want better energy? Sure eat healthier. You want healthy lungs? Sure keep your lungs free from cigs. 

^but notice that this is just altering your survival situation, you can be enlightened no matter what. 

In my experience, the only and I mean only thing keeping the awesomeness of You veiled from you is the egoic pattern of trying to escape how you feel physically emotionally etc. 

Man that's solid advice! I'm sick at the moment and due to the unclarity and low energy kept postponing meditation. But I decided to do it anyway and saw the only reason I thought I can't meditate efficiently was the fear of feeling what is present - pain, resistance, fear etc. Once completely allowed, same as always, no matter how painful the sensations :)

so if you break your leg you just meditate on that feeling ?

Try L-theanine if you like coffee and meditation. It's literally meditation in a pill and your focus/performance with coffee will be way better than coffee alone (I also get zero side effects; no anxiety, no crash nothing).