Kalki Avatar

Elliot on "Stop chasing enligthenment".

5 posts in this topic

@Kalki Avatar

"your not gonna transcend any human pettiness until you die" I think that is false.

You can totally transcend parts of the ego and experience egolessness. 

But yeah.. You will need an ego and to work your whole life. He makes sense.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

On 7/3/2021 at 5:49 PM, Thought Art said:

@Kalki Avatar

"your not gonna transcend any human pettiness until you die" I think that is false.

You can totally transcend parts of the ego and experience egolessness. 

But yeah.. You will need an ego and to work your whole life. He makes sense.

I agree to some extent with Elliot on this, especially if you just fake it till you make it with spirituality, and take little care with the basics of life. However, there are such cases of some people transcending the ego a bit, like with Jesus or Ghandi, or Yogananda.

Also, this is being filtered through Elliot's own ego mind as well, with it's stronger bias for the body. No message that has ever been told is free of mental filtration of the mind. This is partly why some who have a mind bias that studied spirituality could see where he is wrong, yet he isn't wrong absolutely, he's wrong just because his development is where it is.

Thats what I commented:

I think people have a wrong image of enlightenment. With enlightenment there comes even more responsbility. More awareness = more responsibility. but the responsibility comes from a place of trust instead of a place of delusion. Nothing wrong with that. When you worked on your self so far that you builded your life around your life purpose and take responsibility for it. In short - enlightenment and responsibility goes hand in hand. This answer could be a bit more colorful instead of black and white.

Enlightenment can't be chased, it's what 'I am'. Elliot having a glimpse of God:

again-best-of-the-week-chasing-your-tail

The intent is good, he doesn't what you chasing (seeking) and thus being sad.

His advice is to go straight to God, his shortcoming is not knowing who 'I am'.