Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

The floating chair dimension...

12 posts in this topic

God is infinite. If something is possible it must exist?

So is there a universe of just floating chairs?

If so here is the dilemna. I am very much struggling with... I know that there is no external world, I even think I can prove it. So then if in this universe of just floating chairs, if nothing localized there experiences it, what are the chairs? They can't be chairs because shapes and colors etc require an observer.

So what are they?

This is the same thing I am trying to get at with this universe. Things we NOW see and call rocks etc were floating around, but like the chairs, before there was anything to perceive them what were they?

I posted similar v recently but I didn't articulate myself well. This should better show what I mean... I already accept perceptions ARE the only world there is, so what are these floating chair universes which aren't being perceived by anything?

32 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Things we NOW see and call rocks etc were floating around, but like the chairs, before there was anything to perceive them what were they?

The rocks, empty space, you, or chairs are ideas from the mind of reality. they dont need anyone to observe them to be, they observe themselves, they are the same as you, reality itself

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The rocks, empty space, you, or chairs are ideas from the mind of reality. they dont need anyone to observe them to be, they observe themselves, they are the same as you, reality itself

So take the chair or rock dimension, it would be possible for a space alien, say, to perceive the rock's physical appearance from afar as the taste of sugar or as a sound for example (whatever the hell that would be like). So what does the chair actually exist as when not perceived? Is it the taste of sugar? Is it a sound? Is it a shape of a chair?

Or do unobserved objects like in the chair dimension exist as infinity, or just nothing?

In our rock universe, at some point perception happened, and now we can track back through time to a state in the universe where the things we call rocks were moving around etc. but nothing was localized in the universe to perceive them and so what exactly were they at that point?

Maybe the alien only perceives radiation and for him there is no chair, with which it could be said that there really is no chair, there is only a chair if you perceive it, if not, there is the possibility of a chair, but that possibility is the same that the chair ... Itsnt it?

59 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

This is the same thing I am trying to get at with this universe. Things we NOW see and call rocks etc were floating around, but like the chairs, before there was anything to perceive them what were they?

They were nothing. Obviously. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

21 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Maybe the alien only perceives radiation and for him there is no chair, with which it could be said that there really is no chair, there is only a chair if you perceive it, if not, there is the possibility of a chair, but that possibility is the same that the chair ... Itsnt it?

Hm now if a human and that alien were there, would it not be the case (assuming the chair is solid) that if the alien tried to walk through it, he would crash and fall over seemingly nothing, if he could not perceive the chair?

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

They were nothing. Obviously. 

I want to dig deeper. So when we track the universe way back and figure that long before the Earth even formed, X and Y was happening, if X and Y are nothing at that point in time, how did they happen?

To square this away with the factual impossibility of an external world, it is hard.

There are some possible ideas. One, that ALL "matter" has some degree of perception, e.g. when atoms bounce off each other. Or two, that even in the unconscious and unperceived, things can happen.

Also quantum eraser: Backwards causality (AKA events occur to satisfy an event which has not yet happened but will. AKA the future event causes the past events so as to lead up to its happening). But that has nothing to do with form so maybe irrelevant.

Thoughts?

Edited by RMQualtrough

6 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I want to dig deeper. So when we track the universe way back and figure that long before the Earth even formed, X and Y was happening, if X and Y are nothing at that point in time, how did they happen?

To square this away with the factual impossibility of an external world, it is hard.

There are some possible ideas. One, that ALL "matter" has some degree of perception, e.g. when atoms bounce off each other. Or two, that even in the unconscious and unperceived, things can happen.

Thoughts?

No. Things only exist inside of consciousness. A chair is made out of consciousness. A chair without a conscience perceiving it exists as nothing or everything. 

According to quantum physics.. When it's not perceived it exists as a " possibility function".  The process of conscious observation literally creates reality. By collapsing the possibility wave function. 

But Furthermore.. There is no actuality to the past.. Or the future.. Or anything outside of your direct experience right now. So you are engaging in pointless thought experiments about things that can't be known to you by defintion. Because there is no actuality to any of these things. 

-Osho

I feel like your adding too many layers to this. You say there’s no external world, yet you say there could be a universe out there of floating chairs. From what I’ve gathered there is no external world. Only this. Whatever you have now is the entire universe. Anything else out of your direct experience is concept and imagination. Leo’s got a good video where he describes this well, what is actuality or something like that. This chair universe your on about, does not exist out there somewhere, that’s all just concept and imagination on your part. The only chair in the universe right now is the one your sitting on, if you are, and any others within your visual field. There are no other chairs and there certainly isn’t a universe of floating ones somewhere, in any dimension. You as God are not imagining a floating chair universe, your imagining a universe where your ass is sitting on one in a room for example. I guess in a lesser sense you are imagining it, but only conceptually. On the other hand if you as God decided to imagine a floating chair universe, physical like this one, then that is where you would be, in that universe, not this one. And this one, would be the conceptual imagined universe from the point of view of that, and this one wouldn’t exist, only the floating chair one. Provided there was some point of view to be had from that universe of floating chairs, which there would have to be to some degree as that’s what you as God would be experiencing. But the point of view of being a universe of floating chairs is not going to be able to imagine this current universe conceptually unless you were a subject in it with a thinking mind, which as a chair, I very much doubt would be the case?. All exists as potentiality, but unless you do it in actuality, then it’s just conceptual jargon. Seems to me your straying a little with such ideas, but paradoxically it’s the questioning of it all that’s needed??‍♂️

from an absolute point of view there are no chairs, no alien only undifferentiated unity without size or shape. somehow reality imagines itself and creates the appearance of a chair, and the appearance of us. we and the chair are no different. It seems to us that we perceive the chair, but it is more like the undifferentiated unit is structured in mental images that apparently interact, being more profoundly the same, without separation. so there is neither us nor chair, or from another point of view, there are both, and they do not depend on each other. If there were a universe of rocks without life, it would be like the mind of reality, or God would have imagined it, it does not need another image imagined by the same mind to perceive it, it is a whole unit that imagines itself

7 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

I feel like your adding too many layers to this. You say there’s no external world, yet you say there could be a universe out there of floating chairs. From what I’ve gathered there is no external world. Only this. Whatever you have now is the entire universe. Anything else out of your direct experience is concept and imagination. Leo’s got a good video where he describes this well, what is actuality or something like that. This chair universe your on about, does not exist out there somewhere, that’s all just concept and imagination on your part. The only chair in the universe right now is the one your sitting on, if you are, and any others within your visual field. There are no other chairs and there certainly isn’t a universe of floating ones somewhere, in any dimension. You as God are not imagining a floating chair universe, your imagining a universe where your ass is sitting on one in a room for example. I guess in a lesser sense you are imagining it, but only conceptually. On the other hand if you as God decided to imagine a floating chair universe, physical like this one, then that is where you would be, in that universe, not this one. And this one, would be the conceptual imagined universe from the point of view of that, and this one wouldn’t exist, only the floating chair one. Provided there was some point of view to be had from that universe of floating chairs, which there would have to be to some degree as that’s what you as God would be experiencing. But the point of view of being a universe of floating chairs is not going to be able to imagine this current universe conceptually unless you were a subject in it with a thinking mind, which as a chair, I very much doubt would be the case?. All exists as potentiality, but unless you do it in actuality, then it’s just conceptual jargon. Seems to me your straying a little with such ideas, but paradoxically it’s the questioning of it all that’s needed??‍♂️

Exactly. 

-Osho

Try to imagine a universe without conciousness, it is not possible, what if there is truly one field of infinite conciousness?

Which can concieve of infinite possibilitys but some get actualized and some dont.

Imagine the singularity, it is infinite possibilitys and acts at infinite speeds so that it cancel it self out, it has to slow down and contract into a "finite" mind of some sort and contract into different objects to experience "time" and motion and a world.

Subject/object

What if a possibility is that the big bang is a story which conciousness concieves of, and simultanously creates it because it focuses on it, and makes it look like a big bang happend.

Since there is nothing outside of this infinite conciousness it has to become reality in some ways.

But that is 1 possibility out of an infinite possibilitys. 

Like Leo has been saying for a long time now, that there are infinite " states" that conciousness can be.

Inanimate objects is conciousness but they are not concious is my presumption. 

It folds like a mirror and fractals to more mirrors and more mirros etc.

I would assume as well that there is an external world, but not as we normally concieve of it.

The external world is " nothing" " infinite possibilitys" " godhead" " infinite conciousness "

Since conciousness is everything it can split it self off and take different " roles" like you and me etc but the " iam" is the same conciousness. 

The ONE is unlimited in what it can be.

Imagine a infinite White light which contracts in a line an produces all around us out of it self. 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius