Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Original / Rare tips for weight gaining

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a tall guy and I weight only 56 kilos, I want to go between 65 and 70 ideally and gain muscles.

My problem is that I have always had a poor appetite and it takes a lot of calories to gain a little weight.

----------------------------------------------

As a result, I have already applied eating a lot, regularly and weight training.
I use two less known tricks which are weed and fenugreek. After smoking some weed, my appetite is strongly stimulated. Fenugreek is a seed that acts on the appetite between 1 and 3 months during use.
But for recreational reasons (keeping my tolerance low) I only smoke weed once per day, every 2 - 3 days.

Do you know other techniques a little less known than the usual ones: eating caloric food, drinking protein milkshake, eating a lot, doing sports and sleeping well?

Edited by Gabith

As Brian Shaw said if you aren't gaining weight you simply aren't trying hard enough and you need to eat to the point of almost puking with every meal. 

Glutamine has been used with some success in people with anorexia nervosa and also I believe BCAAs. 

But maybe you're seeing food too much from a functional perspective (e.g. protein for muscle, carbs for energy, vitamins, minerals for this and that function etc) and that is making you seek out particular food choices over others. 

What I'm trying to say maybe you just need more variety in your food intake by adding other, more tasty foods. Sometimes just because something is healthy doesn't make it tasty. For example I fucking hate poke bowls. They are healthy but they taste like paper to me, devoid of taste, texture and smell. Cold functional food that just gives me chills. Now on the other hand a rich aromatic indian dish with 10 different spices and herbs, now we're talking. 

Or you know like some italian aromatic pasta with some deep cheese sauce and basil. Or some great Chinese meals. Or something like Hungarian gulasz. Now I might be jumping to assumptions here as I don;t know anything about you but could be you'd really benefit from buying some nice cookbook with how to make delicious and rich tasting meals that will just make you look forward to them. They don;t have to be super healhy, I assume your diet is fairly healthy already to balance out for that but it may be a way to get more variety, more taste, more pleasure and more calories. 

But maybe that's not an option. Dunno...you tell me 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

High calorie smoothies are your best friend for gaining weight.

Get a blender mix Protein Powder, 2 cups Milk, Peanut butter, Oats, Spinach= 900-1000 cal, Drink this twice a day one in the morning one at night, thats 2000 calories all you have left is about 1000 more and thats pretty easy to reach in 2 meals.

I was also tall and skinny and couldn't seem to gain weight no matter how hard I tried until I learned about blending my meals and downing it in like 2 min.

This is a question that gets asked alot but the answers ar really not that complicated. Hpw long have you been eating a lot and what does eating a lot mean? What kind of working out are you doing?. There's no way that you have been excercising properly and eating properly for healthy weight gain for very long. Make sure youre eating properly not just guessing. Slow and steady wins the race. It takes time and you will need patience. Please give yourself adequate time for muscle recovery.

Everyone worries about protien but make sure you are eating enough CARBS! MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES AND MACROS YOU SHOULD BE CONSUMING FOR WEIGHT GAIN AND GET PRETTY DAMN CLOSE EVERYDAY WORKOUT PROPERLY. DONT OVERDUE IT. AND EVENTUALLY YOU WILL GAIN MUSCLE AND WEIGHT. AND MAKE SURE YOU ENJOY YOUR MEALS OR YOU WONT KEEP EATING ENOUGH.

Edited by Adodd