Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

How come there is no Difference between Pain and Pleasure?

24 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

So why do pickup artists get their dick wet all the time and a nice guy with their heart at the right place don't get anything?

It is true that the pickup artists don't desire women as much as a desperate nice guy because he is already getting enough but I wouldn't say the pickup artist is more selfless than a nice guy. 

They don't. This is another arena like naive realism where everyone falls into the same trap lol. Women certainly can like nice guys. Try MDMA if you want to see this.

People conflate certain characteristics with success in that field when those characteristics are meaningless. Like being an "asshole". Like they think the act of being an asshole is WHY the girl likes the guy when it's not lmao.

What is really happening is that men who look like they have very low social status (and possess low social status) get no results by being themselves, and they're like "fuck... Maybe if I act nice..." then that doesn't work. Then they see high social status men who just so happen to act like pricks with girls and get mad and think "women like assholes!". The things are unrelated. It is just that the dude in question has very low confidence, or acts creepy, or in some way has shit social status lol. It isn't to do with niceness or selfishness at all.

@SQAAD

It’s easy to get lost in thoughts not realizing you are. 

Inspect what is actual directly. ‘Look’ for where you end and pleasure or pain begin. Find the separation which justifies the distinction. 

“The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth...Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.” – Morpheus

“I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. 

We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’ 

Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. (shouting) You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!’ 

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ - Sidney Aaron “Paddy” Chayefsky

”Do not believe I came to bring peace...” - Jesus

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 7/4/2021 at 1:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

In the domain of politics the most ruthless and power-hungry end up winning, because they are willing to crack any number of skulls to get what their ego desires. But in the end, all these people end up down-falling. Just look at Trump as a prime example. His massive ego allowed him to win, and also caused him to lose. That's precisely the trade-off with selfishness and deception. It works, but it only works in the short-term.

Did you know Krishna and Muhammad were warlords in their respect? I know Moses, Jesus weren't. Buddha and Mahavira did not go to war while they were enlightened, but they were warriors before they were realized. 

I've been contemplating about war, competition, and conflict a lot lately, mostly because I'm gonna work in the police soon and I feel it's most compatible with me. In some sense war is necessary don't you think? To flat out say it's totally unnatural to be in conflict would be a contradiction, no? For example, there is this simple duality where if something needs to be created, something needs to be destroyed. Or, I can take an example of Michael Angelo of him saying that he wasn't carving the marble to make a stone statue, he was simply freeing the angel that was in the stone by carving it. Gardeners are like warriors because they cut trees to create art. Michael Angelo carved marbles to create statues. Rock tumblers tumble rocks in water to create shiny stones. Fire creates delicious food. Surgeons are in battle with illnesses. The Guru is in battle with the devil inside his disciple's spirit. I can go on and on. You know the saying about Zen masters that they are killers, not saviors of the self. 

Edited by charlie cho

On 7/4/2021 at 4:26 PM, Leo Gura said:

So the most conscious people are often the first to die.

But they are the happiest, right? 

Maybe it's better to run the risk of having a shorter life but be more happy, compared to having a longer life but being less happy. 

Look at Martin Luther King Jr. as an example. He went to prison because he spoke out. But he didn't let his survival needs overpower his higher calling.