Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageModeAustin

I'm writing an e-book for Amazon on how to get yourself to do stand up

6 posts in this topic

So I'm writing this book because a lot of my friends want to try stand-up comedy but physically can't get themselves to do it because they are too afraid. So I was wondering if anyone who has ever thought of trying it or ever wanted to what resistance do you guys feel? I'm talking about like I'm afraid people will judge me etc (also this book is only for those who want to try it but can't get themselves to) so assuming you wanted to/want to what thoughts/worries come up?

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@SageModeAustin

Don't be afraid of people judging you. That's the worst fear that will hold you back from your dreams.

One way to deal with this is to consciously detach yourself from people's judgement and break all resistance and be yourself as freely as you can, then you'll discover a new world of happiness and freedom where you won't have to worry about what people think. 

What matters is you doing what your heart exactly wants 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Thats a pretty good idea for a book. My son tried to be a comedian this was his dream so he got a job at the improv getting up onstage when he could at first he was terrible really terrible but after seeing all those comics come through he started to notice something. Everybody in the audience wants you to talk about something relatable to them that it. The stuff we do when we are alone is the funny stuff. He never really made it. It was a fleeting passion but he did try and thats the hardest step.

@RendHeaven yes @Preety_India ty I do stand up so I’m aware of this the book is based on how to help others to start doing it@BEWISE at least he tried I’m sure he became a better person from it

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.