VeganAwake

Enlightenment is not a better experience.

55 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chrisd said:

If enlightenment had no benefits nobody would talk about it like they are. Imagine the realizers realising their shift was into something negative, they would warn against it. 

Indeed.  The duality of benefits vs no benefits is transcended or collapsed.  Thus when returning to a state where there is a possibility for benefits one now has a meta perspective.  The perspective in which they are aware that all benefits are imaginary.  The wonderful thing about this is that birth and death are maginary too. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Consilience said:

This was 100% a projection. I literally question Leo all the time. Go read some of the other threads Ive commented on. Wasn’t offended at all brother. 

Again, “Mu.” - ?

I didn't mention that you don’t question him neither any you in relation to this statement. 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@IAmReallyImportant

You seem a bit too caught up in the teachings but just my POV of course...yes questioning is what it's about...but there wouldn't have been a need to bring up a critique of Acutalized if there wasn't some bias there or trigger..anyway ..nothing wrong with that it's relative but don't let it distract you...both Ralston and Gura are wise men but it's not about the wise men themselves or their teachings- it is about what is being pointed to - Absolute Truth.  :)  much love 

Oh as for Gura's videos - yeah his old stuff is the best.  No one can sustain that level forever.   Plus all the early spirituality videos were on the facets of the Absolute...If you wanna wake up go listen to the very first video he made on enlightenment while meditating and watch it through the first 4 :)

You assume a bunch of things which are not there, again. 

Left means not right

2 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

You assume a bunch of things which are not there, again. 

Perhaps :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Perhaps :)

Yes you simply assumed me being triggered, because I put critique on. For critique there can be many reasons?

Overlook your thinking process from a meta-perspective, this may help you. 

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

Left means not right

3 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Yes you simply assumed me being triggered, because I put critique on. For critique there can be many reasons?

And so what are those reasons? Do you feel Gura goes outside the spiritual box in terms of knowing vs not knowing?  I'm just curious...

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

And so what are those reasons? Do you feel Gura goes outside the spiritual box in terms of knowing va not knowing?  I'm just curious...

Improvement, support?

I don't think anything in particular other than I have already written. 

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

Left means not right

Just now, IAmReallyImportant said:

Improvement, support?

??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

??

Like this was one of the most likely reasons?

Left means not right

I get what you're saying and agree and simultaneously its recognized here that Enlightenment is also the searching, is also the arguing, is also the mental masturbation, is also the addiction, is also the silence, is also the emptiness, is also the illusory experience of separation, all being experienced as something other than Enlightenment.

Enlightenment isn't something found within everything, it IS EVERYTHING or THIS.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

16 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I get what you're saying and agree and simultaneously its recognized here that Enlightenment is also the searching, is also the arguing, is also the mental masturbation, is also the addiction, is also the silence, is also the emptiness, is also the illusory experience of separation, all being experienced as something other than Enlightenment.

Enlightenment isn't something found within everything, it IS EVERYTHING or THIS.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There isn’t anything outside-of / separate-from / other-than what is always timelessly already immediately appearing — not something / someone / sometime. This is simply obviously directly apparent. So this is absolutely it (everything).

Simply, nobody has ever done anything, nor could anything be done, nor is there anything to be done, nor is there anyone to do it. So its associated seeking energy is truly just simply a fruitless non-starter. This is unconditioned.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, WaveInTheOcean said:

what does  exist? :-)

It depends on your definition of existence.

Does something that makes a temporary appearance such as a rainbow exist?

Does a mirage of water in the desert actually exist?

Is believing for three months that your roommate stole $500 out of your bedroom drawer only to remember that you moved the money to your closet.... Did that experience actually exist?

Does an apparent experience = existence?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Does an apparent experience = existence?

Cool question. Cos, what even is an appearance? There's the pure sense perception, followed by a mental process of cognition and interpretation: thought and imagination. 

The notion of real things existing or happening is part of this mental processing, like a logical deduction of a real tree out there, based on the appearance I'm having, although it would seem just as 'real' in a dream. A dream is only a dream in retrospect, after It's ended. 

I'm beginning to realise that words like 'real' and 'exist' only mean something within the mind-map, if I try to find the "real reality", it just keeps slipping through my fingers. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

2 hours ago, snowyowl said:

Cool question. Cos, what even is an appearance? There's the pure sense perception, followed by a mental process of cognition and interpretation: thought and imagination. 

The notion of real things existing or happening is part of this mental processing, like a logical deduction of a real tree out there, based on the appearance I'm having, although it would seem just as 'real' in a dream. A dream is only a dream in retrospect, after It's ended. 

I'm beginning to realise that words like 'real' and 'exist' only mean something within the mind-map, if I try to find the "real reality", it just keeps slipping through my fingers. 

?

And things can get really wild when that same introspection is used on the "ME" assumption.

Here is a funny video clip not exactly related but kind of ?