Anon212

Trump Has Returned

23 posts in this topic

@Fearey

On 08/07/2021 at 10:13 PM, Fearey said:

I don't think there is any way to help a Trump follower up the spiral, as they themselves are going to be very unlikely candidates for being interested in improving in the first place.

Oh shit, some of us are screwed then. 

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Fearey

Oh shit, some of us are screwed then. 

Forcing help on those who don’t think they need help might not go well. Think of an intervention for someone with an addiction and denies their own addiction. Now apply that to someone who went to the Capitol on January 6 to “stop the steal”. 

Some people will fully admit to having an addiction but will flatly refuse any kind of help or treatment. Often saying that they simply don’t want to quit. That was me with cigarettes. From the first time I really considered it until the day that I actually wanted to sincerely give it a try. It was 4-5 years. You can’t make someone want to quit an addiction. A lot of people, professionals included will often try shaming the addict.

As far as a lot of Trump supporters go that I’ve observed. There often seems to be an ingrained cynicism or often taking pleasure in negative circumstances. Very often also having an ax to grind on some particular issue related to some aspect of liberalism. You can very much sense the feeding on negativity. That seems to be where they get ‘the juice’. Many of them anyhow.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn