Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TKP

Seizing a good business opportunity, or pursuing true life purpose?

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

8 months ago a relative asked if I wanted to start a business with him. He has a connection to the hemp industry which would enable us to create business where we both grow hemp and create food products with it. Together, we also have a more than enough capital to get started on a business like this right away and have a safe amount of room for error. This is something I know I would find more fulfilling than my current job, and as a stage green person, the idea of growing an environmentally friendly crop and producing health foods with it definitely tickles my fancy :D

However, I have completed Leo's life purpose course and have found my life purpose, and over the past 6 months I have been testing for passion in different mediums in search of finding the perfect one for me. The objectives of this business would simply not be in line with my ultimate life purpose. Any ideal medium for achieving my true life purpose would essentially be a form of art. It's really a toss-up between music and sculpture to be specific, and not this kind of business.

Given how insanely difficult it is to make a living off of art, and how good of an opportunity this business seems to me has left me asking the question:

Would it be more wise to invest the 5 or so years it takes to get a successful business running if it means having more income/time in the future... or to stick to my true life purpose and invest those years into finding and mastering my ideal medium?

Leo mentions many times that it's important to have faith in the mastery process and that the money will come eventually. But would more future security, and perhaps earlier growth, merit putting that on hold for some time? Again, this business idea is still very in line with my values. Just not my most deepest, personal and highest ones.

Thanks!

Honestly sounds like a good thing. You can deeply contemplate this for yourself and make the decision I think is best.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

If you are young (under 30) then I'd go all-in on the hemp business and try to grow it as fast as possible, with the aim of selling it in 5 - 10 years. Then you and your relative can exit with a couple million dollars each and focus on more risky projects that you actually love.

If I recall correctly, Leo started off with his brother doing an SEO business that sounds quite similar to this.

Sometimes you gotta do the grindy work for a couple years to set yourself up in a good position for what matters long-term.

In my case, I’m 23 and I’m planning on investing all my resources into LP off the bat. Pursuing an intermediate business is my plan B. I think an argument could be made for both choices, so I would go with intuition and common sense to help you decide.

also, make sure you take the time to consider more alternatives. There are probably more than 2 choices for you here.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com