Craigxt22

What the hell just happened, Kundalini?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

So last night the strangest thing ever happened to me. While I was asleep loads of energy surged through my body starting at my lower back, right the way upto my throat as if it was shooting out my mouth. My body wasn't physically shaking, but it felt like intense AC electricity. This made me wake up in the middle of the night, I thought it had just happened in my night dream and left me unsettled, I wasn't sure if it really happened as I was asleep. Then about 5 - 10 minutes later while I was wide awake, it happened again and scared the shit out of me, left me panicing. The even weirder thing is, after that had happened, I started getting phycedelic visuals in my pitch black room (as if I was on a light dose of magic mushrooms), I thought I was going insane and dying at the same time. I also felt a warm/ glowing feeling in my stomach area. I was going to call an ambulance, but realized it could have been kundalini? I've read about it before but didn't really beleive in it.

To note a few things:

For the last 2 years I've been meditating nearly everyday for anywhere between 20 mins upto 2 hours.

I planned on killing myself 3 days ago but bottled it at the last minute (I'm not looking for any sympathy btw, just trying to explain).

I've had weird energy stuff happen to me before last time I got suicidal it was like small bursts of warmth around my heart, but never as intense as last night.

I spent most of yesterday evening reading through the Kriya Yoga mega thread and have read about similar things, but only after people was doing the yoga practice. I had these kundalini symptoms just after reading about kriya yoga, is that just a conincidence?

Even though it scared the shit out of me, was it a good thing this happened? Will it continue to happen with more spirutal practice?  This is the first 'real' spirutual thing that has happened to me. I feel as if my meditation practice hasn't really done anything, could it be my mediation has suddenly showing some results?

Have any of you been through anything like this?

Thanks

I have had some weird things happen to me but not this intense, I would count my stars if I were experiencing such events even if it might be uncomfortable at the moment, a lot of people would be ecstatic to have any kind of experience. Maybe you have done spiritual work in your previous life and hence you are able to have these experiences or maybe you have some life experiences which have led you to have these.

Starting Kriya yoga would be helpful in grounding.

For now maybe you can focus on things that interests you, for example TV shows or music.

Grounding exercises would be extremely helpful, long walks in nature, classical music, practicing presence. 

This too shall pass.

These are my opinions, feel free to take any of value and let go of the rest.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Thanks man, will definetly make sure to not lose interest in everyday 'human' activities. I feel grounded now to be honest, it was only in the moment last night when I seriously thought I was going insane.

6 hours ago, Craigxt22 said:

I planned on killing myself 3 days ago but bottled it at the last minute

Whether you have experienced kundalini or not, you should go to a good psychiatrist either way.

Be careful with the trap of spiritualizing mental illness.

I've had a similar experience in 2016. The difference was that I was on that state 24/7. I thought that I was getting enlightened. But actually I was on the verge of a psychotic break. It was hard for my spiritual ego to accept that, and it was definitely one of the hardest periods of my life.

But anyway, if it starts to get too intense, then forget about kundalini and seek medical care.

Good luck, man!

one day this will all be memories

@kag101  Sorry to hear that. I have actually gone to get help but I honestly cannot say my therapist helped. I really don't want to go back on medication. You are probably right though, I just think it's really hard to find a good psychiatrist where I live.

Through meditation and deep contemplating alone I have dug deep into my mind and kinda worked out what my problems are and how to tackle them myself. I usually only have suicidal thoughts, very rarely do I plan on actually doing it.

Just to note aswell, I'm not intentionally seeking kundilini experiences, it just happened completely spontaneously.

It is Kundalini. It's a good thing, go deeper. 

Genesis 27:27-29

On 22/06/2021 at 1:38 PM, Craigxt22 said:

Sorry to hear that. I have actually gone to get help but I honestly cannot say my therapist helped. I really don't want to go back on medication. You are probably right though, I just think it's really hard to find a good psychiatrist where I live.

I understand.

I'm pretty sure they were crappy professionals. I really hope you find good ones. It's a totally different experience. It's very transformative. 

Through meditation and deep contemplating alone I have dug deep into my mind and kinda worked out what my problems are and how to tackle them myself.

When my mental health was bad, I would do deep contemplation for hours, and seeing in retrospect, it just made matters worse...

What I truly needed was a trustworthy human being who is qualified to help me out.

Just to note aswell, I'm not intentionally seeking kundilini experiences, it just happened completely spontaneously.

Check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mania

one day this will all be memories

On 6/22/2021 at 4:37 AM, Craigxt22 said:

Hi,

So last night the strangest thing ever happened to me. While I was asleep loads of energy surged through my body starting at my lower back, right the way upto my throat as if it was shooting out my mouth. My body wasn't physically shaking, but it felt like intense AC electricity. This made me wake up in the middle of the night, I thought it had just happened in my night dream and left me unsettled, I wasn't sure if it really happened as I was asleep. Then about 5 - 10 minutes later while I was wide awake, it happened again and scared the shit out of me, left me panicing. The even weirder thing is, after that had happened, I started getting phycedelic visuals in my pitch black room (as if I was on a light dose of magic mushrooms), I thought I was going insane and dying at the same time. I also felt a warm/ glowing feeling in my stomach area. I was going to call an ambulance, but realized it could have been kundalini? I've read about it before but didn't really beleive in it.

To note a few things:

For the last 2 years I've been meditating nearly everyday for anywhere between 20 mins upto 2 hours.

I planned on killing myself 3 days ago but bottled it at the last minute (I'm not looking for any sympathy btw, just trying to explain).

I've had weird energy stuff happen to me before last time I got suicidal it was like small bursts of warmth around my heart, but never as intense as last night.

I spent most of yesterday evening reading through the Kriya Yoga mega thread and have read about similar things, but only after people was doing the yoga practice. I had these kundalini symptoms just after reading about kriya yoga, is that just a conincidence?

Even though it scared the shit out of me, was it a good thing this happened? Will it continue to happen with more spirutal practice?  This is the first 'real' spirutual thing that has happened to me. I feel as if my meditation practice hasn't really done anything, could it be my mediation has suddenly showing some results?

Have any of you been through anything like this?

Thanks

It sounds like kundalini.  Was it also a blissful/dissolving feeling that you can't really describe with words or put your finger on?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.