Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machiavelli

I feel like I will die during meditation / complete ceasation of breathing

7 posts in this topic

I had been meditating since more than a year now. My experiences are getting deeper and deeper. I am able to reach such states where there is hardly any conscious breathing going on. I feel scared that I will die . As the more deeper it gets it feels like everything is dissolving .

Yesterday I had a deep experience where during meditation I felt my consciousness is not in my body. Like body is separate and consciousness is separate.

I wanted to go more deeper but I feel anxiety that I will die and what will happen to my family afterwards.

It feels like I will leave my body.

But I want to go more deeper. As I surrender to every thought and every sensation I go more deeper into the the oblivion and it feels like I am Home again. 

Like this world is mere a figment of imagination of consciousness .

I want to surrender everything . But anxiety is preventing me . My breathing suddenly completely stops. Due to which I feel anxiety that I can die. And therefor I am not able to go more deeper now.

Keep going its nothing to worry about,  also had deep meditations like that, hehe it is insane.

But it is even more insane on lsd trip, it literally felt like I stopped breathing for a looooong time, It felt like I became so concious that I saw through the illusion of my body and the breath 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@machiavelli Sounds from what you are describing as the ninth jhana cessation. The breathing does not completely stop but it decreases in frequency. But it might feel that way. 

See more info here:

https://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=9_Jhanas

Fear is the doorway.

@WelcometoReality Yes , I have experienced the states where there was hardly any breathing. It feels scary as I have thoughts that I will feel be unconsciousness due to it. There is complete ceastion of everything around my body. 

Feels like complete stillness .

Body is not separate. Consciousness is not separate. The thought ‘reach such states’ upholds the falsity of a ‘separate self’, we might say, ‘the reacher’. Fear, separation, anxiety, death, worrying for your family, potentially leaving the body, oblivion, figment of imagination, of consciousness…. These are all narratives of thought employed just to uphold that one belief. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

30 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

@WelcometoReality Yes , I have experienced the states where there was hardly any breathing. It feels scary as I have thoughts that I will feel be unconsciousness due to it. There is complete ceastion of everything around my body. 

Feels like complete stillness .

Might be time for inquiry into these thoughts about becoming unconscious and the fear. Are they true?