tatsumaru

Is spirituality going to destroy entrepreneurship/life purpose?

68 posts in this topic

@preventingdiabetes @preventingdiabetes oh sorry I meant to write when we hold it as the only meaningful thing in life. Emphasis on only. I'm only cautioning against the attitude of alienation/disconnection from life. It would be wise to have enlightenment as the only goal just don't suppress your desire for the rest of life, instead use desire as a gateway to gratitude and recognize it's really a desire for god. 

On 7/11/2021 at 6:22 AM, preventingdiabetes said:

Isn’t Enlightenment the most meaningful thing we could be doing and meditating all day the most ideal way to live life

This is right.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, martins name said:

oh sorry I meant to write when we hold it as the only meaningful thing in life. Emphasis on only. I'm only cautioning against the attitude of alienation/disconnection from life. It would be wise to have enlightenment as the only goal just don't suppress your desire for the rest of life, instead use desire as a gateway to gratitude and recognize it's really a desire for god. 

@martins name

This is what I’m asking about. 

Why is it pathological to hold it as the only meaningful thing in life? 

What happens if you do alienate/disconnect yourself from life and suppress your desire for the rest of life?

Isn’t that how monks do it?

@preventingdiabetes Sorry for the long delay. 

Suppressing desire is a way of holding your mind rather than a way of acting. It's closing the second chakra and it's felt in the body as a tightening in the lower abdomen. Going to war with yourself this way creates conflict that shows up as monkey mind.

It also cuts of subtle energy flow up the spine, less energy reaches the head results in lower consciousness. 

It's possible to not hold your mind in this neurotic way while not acting on desire. When desire arises, let it be a gateway for love and let the love be a gateway to self-transcendence. All desire is really a desire for god. Happiness is non-duality. Follow the desire to God instead of to physical action.

You are right that monks tend to do this and it's not healthy. The middle path is to be a monk and at the same time to not have this neurotic attitude. To be deeply connected to life and others and at the same time go all in on enlightenment in service of life. 

I deeply believe that we shouldn't deny any part of ourselves but integrate it all into a harmonious whole. 

Again, I'm against an attitude, not a way of behaving.

On 23/07/2021 at 8:58 AM, martins name said:

When desire arises, let it be a gateway for love and let the love be a gateway to self-transcendence.

On 23/07/2021 at 8:58 AM, martins name said:

Follow the desire to God instead of to physical action.

@martins name What do you mean by this? How do you implement this? 

Let's say the desire arises to masturbate - how do you turn it into a gateway for love and let the love be a gateway to self-transcendence?

@preventingdiabetes@preventingdiabetes notice the desire. It is seeking to express itself as catharsis. Let yourself feel this catharsis unconditionally. Leo talked about this in his last two videos. With masturbation the catharsis would be pleasure. Bask in the pleasure. Pleasure is profound. Now love and appreciate it. Now bask in that love. Notice how you lose yourself in love. Surrender to it. Presence becomes natural with love.

Repression is the product of fear. Choose love instead.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, martins name said:

notice the desire. It is seeking to express itself as catharsis. Let yourself feel this catharsis unconditionally. Leo talked about this in his last two videos. With masturbation the catharsis would be pleasure. Bask in the pleasure. Pleasure is profound. Now love and appreciate it. Now bask in that love. Notice how you lose yourself in love. Surrender to it. Presence becomes natural with love.

Repression is the product of fear. Choose love instead.

@martins name

Is this meant to be difficult in practice? I am struggling to bask in, or lose myself, in the love that you speak of. 

In this example, would masturbation still occur? Or would basking in love dissolve the urge to masturbate?

Edited by preventingdiabetes

@preventingdiabetes Masturbation wouldn't occur, I'm speaking as someone who has done a lot of kriya yoga & chakra meditaiton so I'm good at producing blissful states. Practicing this on the cushion helps a lot.

@preventingdiabetes @preventingdiabetes@preventingdiabetes I tried to last year but my physical health is too bad to be able to sit still for that amount of time without destroying my back. Maybe one day I'll try again when I've built up some finances and health. 

I'd like to summarize what I've been trying to communicate in my previous posts: 

1. Happiness is non-duality. It's important to know this experientially. Love and appreciate it wherever it's found. 

2. Open your second chakra, it's the ability to enjoy, feel pleasure and passion and to be connected with life. When you suppress desire you can feel a somatic contraction in your lower back and you go into a subtily painful and fearful state. It makes you feel separate from life which is dualistic. That's not a quality of an enlightened being. Bliss is the road to God.

Edited by martins name

Spirituality destroyed my life purpose for 1 year but now i returned to my lifepurpose

16 hours ago, martins name said:

I tried to last year but my physical health is too bad to be able to sit still for that amount of time without destroying my back. Maybe one day I'll try again when I've built up some finances and health. 

@martins name Ah okay. Hope you get better!

16 hours ago, martins name said:

I'd like to summarize what I've been trying to communicate in my previous posts: 

1. Happiness is non-duality. It's important to know this experientially. Love and appreciate it wherever it's found. 

2. Open your second chakra, it's the ability to enjoy, feel pleasure and passion and to be connected with life. When you suppress desire you can feel a somatic contraction in your lower back and you go into a subtily painful and fearful state. It makes you feel separate from life which is dualistic. That's not a quality of an enlightened being. Bliss is the road to God.

Thank you for the summary.

”1. Happiness is non-duality. It's important to know this experientially. Love and appreciate it wherever it's found.”

I can see how it’s important to know this experientially. But it sounds really hard to do. What practices would you recommend to experience it? And how do you love and appreciate it wherever it is found? Where is it found?

”2. Open your second chakra, it's the ability to enjoy, feel pleasure and passion and to be connected with life. When you suppress desire you can feel a somatic contraction in your lower back and you go into a subtily painful and fearful state. It makes you feel separate from life which is dualistic. That's not a quality of an enlightened being. Bliss is the road to God.”

Thanks martin. I will practice doing the techniques on your pleasure chakra post.

11 hours ago, asifarahim said:

Spirituality destroyed my life purpose for 1 year but now i returned to my lifepurpose

@asifarahim

Two questions:

1. How did it destroy your Life Purpose? 
2. What made you return to your Life Purpose?

11 hours ago, blackchair said:

no, it will enhance everything.

@blackchair How? (Just want your perspective)

1 hour ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@asifarahim

1. How did it destroy your Life Purpose? 

@blackchair

@martins namenamennamnamenamen

I realised that my life purpose is an illusion and it will lead to more suffering.i thought that i should go for a job that has minimum hours so i have more time for practice .so i stopped living my life purpose and started working for a less suffering less hour job

2 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@asifarahim

@blackchair. What made you return to your Life Purpose?

I started blaming everyone.i had all the symptoms of toxic life purpose as mentioned in leos toxic life purpose video.i had a hole in my heart that was void.

So i reterned to life purpose and my hole in heart got immediately filled

@preventingdiabetes Thank you :)
Contemplate it. I realized it when I had an enlightenment experience but I don't think it's required. Don't create a duality between spiritual happiness and mundane happiness. Suffering is duality, happiness is a lack of duality. Happiness doesn't really exist it's just the absence of suffering, then the illusion of duality is seen through there is perfect happiness. When you understand suffering, which is separation/duality, you will know what the opposite is. Compare different forms of happiness and different forms of suffering. See the commonality. Emotions are all different, duality is the same. It's felt in the head, the ajna chakra.

I'm talking about an attitude shift of loving all of life and being passionate about it in an almost erotic way.  Everything we do is the pursuit of happiness. It's easy to see in the pursuit of comfort, pleasure, joy, love, and beauty. Even our darkest emotions are crooked ways we seek happiness. Anger is pursuing power/joy but we feel like something/someone is in the way of that end, hate is the same thing, but the pursuit of love. Narcissism is pursuit of beauty. etc. This quote comes to mind:

ram-dass-appreciate-trees-be-here-now-709x699.jpg

Even a crooked tree is growing towards the light.

Practicing gratitude is probably the best way of discovering this wisdom and embodying it.

@asifarahim A spirituality that is only focused on transcending can be detrimental to life-purpose. A balanced practice that develops all chakras, not just the top two, should make you flow with life effortlessly.

On 9/1/2021 at 3:11 PM, asifarahim said:

@martins namenamennamnamenamen

Man this is so funny hahaha

I realised that my life purpose is an illusion and it will lead to more suffering.i thought that i should go for a job that has minimum hours so i have more time for practice .so i stopped living my life purpose and started working for a less suffering less hour job

@asifarahim Did the job really cause less suffering than your Life Purpose?

I started blaming everyone.i had all the symptoms of toxic life purpose as mentioned in leos toxic life purpose video.i had a hole in my heart that was void.

What specific symptoms did you match with the toxic Life Purpose? Or was it literally all of it? Did you have to participate in a job that harmed society?

So i reterned to life purpose and my hole in heart got immediately filled

Would you say you are attached to your Life Purpose if you needed it for your void to be filled?

On 9/1/2021 at 9:48 PM, martins name said:

I'm talking about an attitude shift of loving all of life and being passionate about it in an almost erotic way.  Everything we do is the pursuit of happiness.

@martins name

The only thing I seem to not love about life is becoming a wage slave. I just want freedom.

That doesn't mean I demonize wage slavery, or think that it's wrong. It's just my bias and preference. 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:48 PM, martins name said:

A spirituality that is only focused on transcending can be detrimental to life-purpose. A balanced practice that develops all chakras, not just the top two, should make you flow with life effortlessly.

Would you say focusing only on transcending survival, self-actualization, and life, is spiritual bypassing? The attitude of "I don't like my job or my circumstances so let me just meditate my problems away and become enlightened, then I'll be happy with this job."