Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

"Reality is Imaginary" and "You are God"

13 posts in this topic

Maybe I have understood this two phrases way too literally.

But, if the dream character I am identified with is Imaginary, I wasn't born of my father's, genetics are imaginary, and my suffering is being created by me (as God) to give me context and meaning to the dream, then...the following "crazy idea" arised:

What if the whole 'trip' about my life, (which was mainly social anxiety), was 100% imagined by God to create the perfect foundation to accomplish afterwards a magistral plot twist in the story of the dream character, which was that, in the pursue of trying to heal itself of the suffering of this illness, started to pursue Spirituality and self development, and started to discover that, instead of existing fundamental differences between "Me" and "Others" (which is mainly what causes social anxiety in my case), started slowly deconstruct the differences, realizing the differences were a projection of the mind and are relative, and thus the more the dream character did that, the more the suffering got reduced, because it started to be revealed that there were less and less differences between "Me" and "Others" and less separations. The more the dream character would pursue Truth, the more the suffering would get reduced, since less and less differences between him and others would exist. Therefore elevating Trust and Love, and reducing fear and Hate (either projected to the "Others" or perceived of being received by them). 

Basically the Truth would be the good fucking news. And the illness would be the perfect metaphor of "the mind was what created the hell". 

It would all be a magistral designed dream where every piece of the puzzle fits shockingly good ??

Anyways... This is a completely crazy, psychotic and bizarre idea, but it was just an example of what it would look like to approach the explanation of a mental illness from the perspective of "Reality is Imaginary" Vs Reality is material, which would be more like "You had this illness partly because of genetics and partly because of childhood conditioning" and that would be it. 

Edited by Javfly33

the question is what it is social anxiety. imo is a distortion between what is and what should be (like any anxiety). You think that you should be different from what you are, or that people should be different from what they are. reality is what it is, and this is the truth. the first thing is to equalize that distortion. what should be and what is have to be identical, match exactly. the opposite is to be a lie and if you want to see the truth you have to be the truth. I am discovering this lately in meditation. Any lie is distortion. It may be more difficult or easier but it is always possible, imo. each one has his cross, it is necessary to accept it completely. Trying transcendence before this equalization with psychedelics is a kind of tricky shortcut. it can serve to realize that distortion, but little else. in the end you return to your anxiety and the experience remains in the memory and is conceptualized 

The trip of your life doesn't exist (as you know) , it's a ghost that comes into existence because of that distortion. as soon as you equalize the two tracks it will disappear and you will be free

Edited by Breakingthewall

Well, I don't think there is a universal recipe. In my case what is working is meditation, I also have a big distortion in my past, dysfunctional parents, etc. With meditation I see that there are no "my parents", I am creating the story, because in my lack of humility I believe that reality must have been different. 

On the other hand, this can be an advantage, since that anxiety is very unpleasant and leads you to try to solve it, and to do so you have to dissolve your ego. Consider spending 2-4 hours every day in meditation. It may seem like a lot, but if there is a serious desire to embody the truth, to live as fully as possible, it is nothing.

Edited by Breakingthewall

I have this condition, I have done for over 10 years. It was initially SEVERE, I mean I literally would hyperventilate all day at work with every single interaction, even on Valium which I took daily just to walk into the office.

Social Anxiety is a fear of your own mind. That is literally what it is. You think you're scared of others. You're not.

Look into what scares you about others? You are scared that they will think bad things about you and that their bad thoughts WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BAD. Or that their opinions WILL MAKE YOU THINK THOSE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF. That is the fear. Srs. 100%. You're scared their thoughts might be right and the ensuing psychological distress you will feel from that.

It's a fear of the thoughts and feelings YOU will experience if an interaction goes a negative way.

Edited by RMQualtrough

6 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I have this condition, I have done for over 10 years. It was initially SEVERE, I mean I literally would hyperventilate all day at work with every single interaction, even on Valium which I took daily just to walk into the office.

Social Anxiety is a fear of your own mind. That is literally what it is. You think you're scared of others. You're not.

Look into what scares you about others? You are scared that they will think bad things about you and that their bad thoughts WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BAD. Or that their opinions WILL MAKE YOU THINK THOSE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF. That is the fear. Srs. 100%. You're scared their thoughts might be right and the ensuing psychological distress you will feel from that.

It's a fear of the thoughts and feelings YOU will experience if an interaction goes a negative way.

I think most people with social anxiety understand this at some point, but does it really change anything? It may make it worse

6 minutes ago, Frenk said:

I think most people with social anxiety understand this at some point, but does it really change anything? It may make it worse

Hard to say. I've suffered so many years, I think the effects diminish over time. I do think it certainly helps to at least identify WHAT you are afraid of. If you misidentify what you're scared of, how could you know how to resolve it?

There's also an element of self acceptance.

Like sufferers of chronic pain, embracing it lessens the psychological component of the suffering. I've seen Rupert Spira give such advice. I consider the condition to be just something my body is/does.

If a person sees a frightened kitten, they don't laugh at the kitten etc they just think that's the way the kitten is. If you can accept the feelings instead of fighting them (and not just "accepting it to make it go away" but truly being willing to sit with them) then the suffering that comes with it is lessened dramatically.

2 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm not sure how this applies to my daily life.

What is that I need to do to stop feeling anxious around people exactly ? 

Thanks for your help hope you can help me

Imo social anxiety is just an imagination that arises from vibrating in low levels of the spiritual spiral (fear/hate). @Nahmopinion?

The solution is slowly choosing higher vibration thoughts/feelings/emotions which will elevate you slowly from that low vibration towards Love, which is what we are striving for (since we are love, we are just seeking ourselves)

@Javfly33

I concur with feeling which ‘tells you’ this, by how such thoughts tend to feel, indeed. Your op / realization is pretty ‘on’ imo. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Javfly33  Social anxiety is a perfectly rational fear when you consider its origin as an evolved mechanism of threat detection.  Sure today we live in a very safe, 'civilized' world where the people you meet generally aren't a threat to your life, but the deepest structures in your brain aren't necessarily aware of that.  To them, being around other people is like being surrounded by a group of unknown apes who will literally tear you limb from limb if you do the wrong thing or even look at them in the wrong way.

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Javfly33

I concur with feeling which ‘tells you’ this, by how such thoughts tend to feel, indeed. Your op / realization is pretty ‘on’ imo. 

I'm truly a creator then Lol ?