Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2neurotic4u

A Dictionary for Emotions

4 posts in this topic

Browsing YouTube, I came across the video: 

By the channel Psych2Go. Now, this really interested me because I've always wanted a way to pinpoint the details of emotions that are hard to describe. In the description there was this link to "The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows," which goes even further in depth to describe many many more emotions. 

https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/ 

I think this could be useful in understanding/coming to terms with your feelings. I liked going through just to see if I had felt these emotions in the past; I had a bunch of "ohhh, that's a real thing, and not just me"-type moments. 

Hope this benefits someone!

Great find! Psych2go is a very helpful channel.

I recently read a book called 'Mindsight' by Daniel J. Siegel where he describes the mind in terms of interpersonal biology. What surprised me is that the basic emotions are not the only emotions there are, and in fact, are the minority.

From what I understood, emotions are all energetic movements within the body with some, not all of them, are easily discernible.

Still, learning to name those that are so neatly visible, is a very important communication skill that I highly encourage to practice.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2