Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

Are there any religions/philosophies where literal nothingness is fundamental?

24 posts in this topic

@RMQualtrough sorry man I accidently edited your post, I think you have to reply to @TreyMoney again, sorry ?

Oh no man he does not equate nothingness with conciousness, nothingness is the Absolute Infinite non being.

The godhead, is so nothing that it enables everything, pregnant with infinity of something but it always go back to nothingness. 

Nothingness is the ground for everything to be is what he is saying

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 That is okay, I think the above posters can just know that, essentially, "I enjoyed and appreciated their posts" lol.

Thanks for clarifying on the book, I will purchase this now as I think it's on Kindle. :)

@RMQualtrough Yeah don't believe a physicist to tell you what nothingness is. 

If you're into philosophy I scrolled past this thing on Google called Ontological Nihilism. After an awakening experience I was googling my thoughts and found it. Can't say I know anything about the philosophy, philosophy like that isn't my thing

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Adamq8 I have been enjoying this book greatly.

Sunyata, as Nothingness can be called in Buddhism, or Tao in Taoism, sustains everything, including consciousness. It is the vast, empty void of Non-existence that the Buddha calls Nirvana, meaning “extinction” of all ‘being.’ It is what Nisargadatta Maharaj points to when he speaks of ‘Universal Consciousness’ or what Huang Po calls ‘Mind.’

Nothingness is prior to consciousness, as it is is with all phenomena. This is why Huang Po says, “Mind in itself is not mind” (Blofeld 34), meaning that the mind is truly understood only when its own emptiness is realized. For mind is Nothingness occurring as consciousness. When this is properly realized, mind become Mind with a capital “M,” not in the sense that some latent quality has been discovered that it is somehow beyond all conditioning, like some eternal super Consciousness or Witness at the base of our mind; but in the sense that when we realize our own universality as Nothingness, we awaken to our own unlimited nature. This is what sages mean when they talk about “primordial consciousness”; it is the realization that our minds transcend beingness alone, by extending into the core nor Non-being, into Nothingness itself. The mind, in effect, is simultaneously limitless (transcendent) and viscerally present (immanent). Hence, Nisargadatta calls it “Universal Consciousness” to express the insight into the universal Nothingness of our minds.

Edited by RMQualtrough