Tim R

Back to Earth. Thank you <3

7 posts in this topic

Hello my dear friends^_^

a few weeks ago, I had my deepest insight into the nature of consciousness / reality yet. I haven't shared it on the forum explicitly, only sort of build into some replies I gave here and there to questions, which now no longer bother me. 

Anyway, when I had this insight, two things became rather clear to me: 

1) obviously, the content of the insight itself (which I won't go into in this post)

2) (and this is actually the more important one for me) what my path will look like from here on

It's somewhat counterintuitive - you'd think that after a great and deep insight, you would be more motivated than ever to keep digging even deeper, to inquire further and understand more. But this is not what happened. What happened is that this insight showed me that it's time to "come back" to earth. 

Not because I don't want to live a spiritual life anymore or because I feel that I'm "done" - but because I now understand thoroughly, that there is no difference at all between the "spiritual" and the "mundane".

I thought I had understood, but I hadn't. The mundane, the ordinary, the everyday survival-oriented life is the great thing. It is consciousness and love. 

The collapsing of the distinction between the spiritual and the ordinary has humbled me a great deal (more than I thought it would) - no longer am I somewhere else; somewhere different from all the fools in the world. No longer do I feel that I understand something greater than "ordinary folk" and no longer do I feel that there is something special about me. 

I feel like a complete and utter fool who had a lovely dream - and I can't tell you how much I love itxD 

I wanted to share this with you because it's a very important step on my journey and I'm really looking forward to what comes next and to how my life will unfold from here on. 

And lastly I would like to say thank you to all of you who have shared their wisdom, insight and knowledge about so many different topics. This forum can be an absolute goldmine (when it's not mental masturbation season again9_9). You as a forum have been an important part of my journey for the last year or so, and for that I am quite thankful:x

58 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Hello my dear friends^_^

a few weeks ago, I had my deepest insight into the nature of consciousness / reality yet. I haven't shared it on the forum explicitly, only sort of build into some replies I gave here and there to questions, which now no longer bother me. 

Anyway, when I had this insight, two things became rather clear to me: 

1) obviously, the content of the insight itself (which I won't go into in this post)

2) (and this is actually the more important one for me) what my path will look like from here on

It's somewhat counterintuitive - you'd think that after a great and deep insight, you would be more motivated than ever to keep digging even deeper, to inquire further and understand more. But this is not what happened. What happened is that this insight showed me that it's time to "come back" to earth. 

Not because I don't want to live a spiritual life anymore or because I feel that I'm "done" - but because I now understand thoroughly, that there is no difference at all between the "spiritual" and the "mundane".

I thought I had understood, but I hadn't. The mundane, the ordinary, the everyday survival-oriented life is the great thing. It is consciousness and love. 

The collapsing of the distinction between the spiritual and the ordinary has humbled me a great deal (more than I thought it would) - no longer am I somewhere else; somewhere different from all the fools in the world. No longer do I feel that I understand something greater than "ordinary folk" and no longer do I feel that there is something special about me. 

I feel like a complete and utter fool who had a lovely dream - and I can't tell you how much I love itxD 

I wanted to share this with you because it's a very important step on my journey and I'm really looking forward to what comes next and to how my life will unfold from here on. 

And lastly I would like to say thank you to all of you who have shared their wisdom, insight and knowledge about so many different topics. This forum can be an absolute goldmine (when it's not mental masturbation season again9_9). You as a forum have been an important part of my journey for the last year or so, and for that I am quite thankful:x

Great maybe you can enjoy a beer or smoke with us common folk sometime. 

As quoted by Alan Watts:

"Before I had studied Zen for thirty years, I saw mountains as mountains, and waters as waters.

When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and waters are not waters.

But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest. For it's just that I see mountains once again as mountains, and waters once again as waters."

~Alan Watts (The Way of Zen)

Edited by Nos7algiK

@Tim R  Now welcome to the curse of trying to share insight from the mundane perspective and having spiritual newbies tell you that you couldn't possibly comprehend the 'higher levels' they're on :)

The question you should ask yourself is - are you free?