Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Consilience

Was recently prescribed a heavy dose of anti-biotics... Advice?

7 posts in this topic

Hello - 

I guess because of how much Actualized.org content I consume and just my own contemplation and introspection, I've come to see with crystal clarity just how un-holistic and stage Orange our medical establishment is. As such, I feel like I have this bias and automatic skepticism towards how doctors handle treating certain illnesses. 

I was recently diagnosed with H Pylori; I'd been having pretty bad stomach issues for awhile, it felt like ulcers and pretty much constant pain after eating. The pain started subsiding about 2 weeks ago but has still lingered around. After having gone to see a general physician, they had me do a stool test as well as a blood work to see if we could determine what was wrong. Turns out I tested positive for H Pylori. The docotor's treatment is basically 2 weeks of heavy antibiotics, a proton pump inhibitor to manage acid reflex and then retesting at the end of that cycle. 

The thing is, I'm worried about that... It feels like the treatment is the equivalent of taking a grenade to my gut and hoping for the best. There is 0 doubt that this kind of treatment would also wipe out 'good' bacteria. For anyone who is well versed in nutrition and health, is following this treatment option really a good idea? Or would the unintentional damage caused from the antibiotics NOT be worth it? 

I mean it seriously feels like such a bullshit treatment option, wildly un-holistic. Like this is seriously the best we have..? We're just going to go in and fuck shit up and hope for the best. 

@Consilience there are herbal alternatives for treating h pylori. But it'll probably be more expensive and take longer. Do your own research before deciding. Some of the recommended things are black cumin oil, mastic gum, berberine, licorice extract, zinc carnosine.

Honestly h pylori is nasty stuff they can destroy your stomach. Taking antibiotics aren't THAT bad, especially when h pylori is worse, they have these hooks that dig into your stomach lining and make them evade a lot of medicines. You can just make sure to take probiotics and eat correctly while your gut microbiome is recovering. Taking licorice, zinc carnosine, glutamine or a combo powder that's used for healing the gut lining is helpful because when you heal the ulcers, the h pylori weeken. 

There's studies that say taking black cumin seed/oil with antibiotic like orniprizole (sp?) Increases cure rate than just antibiotic alone.

You can try natural antibacterials first such as Allicin, Oregano oil, and others.

But you will have to take them longer, for at least a month. And it may not wipe out H pylori.

Antibiotics are pretty good for H pylori.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 29.05.2021 at 1:56 AM, Consilience said:

The thing is, I'm worried about that... It feels like the treatment is the equivalent of taking a grenade to my gut and hoping for the best. There is 0 doubt that this kind of treatment would also wipe out 'good' bacteria. For anyone who is well versed in nutrition and health, is following this treatment option really a good idea? Or would the unintentional damage caused from the antibiotics NOT be worth it? 

I mean it seriously feels like such a bullshit treatment option, wildly un-holistic. Like this is seriously the best we have..? We're just going to go in and fuck shit up and hope for the best. 

Take it.

Don't look for herbal alternatives in that case, because if doctor's antibiotics are a grenade, then herbal alternatives are napalm air deployment all month long. That something is natural doesn't mean it's gentle or more holistic.

You are good, you have a diagnosis. It's way worse when you have just IBS without a known cause, becuase it adds up to the stress. But, H. Pylori, it's a daily bread for gastroenterologist, they should be able to help you.

In this case you need to do the antibiotics course. 

Normally with stomach issues, you can go for regular consumption of onion, garlic and honey. And broccoli. 

Along with oregano oil. 

Good sleep and eating probiotics, although this is a grey area and open to experimentation. 

And less sugars and less stress. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Thank you for the advice everyone. Going on ahead and taking them. 

The triple therapy is by far the most effective treatment for HP. If you have chronic HP you don't have time time to play around, it increases your risk of gastric cancer. Take the pharmaceutical therapy. It is around 80% effective. If it doesn't work seek out a skilled herbalist and go after it naturally.

But I'd personally start with medication simply because the longer you have it to more severe the long term complications can be

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus