blueplasma

Which of the following is the case for the nature of Reality...

28 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, blueplasma said:

I know that it can't be explicitly proved that other people are conscious..but isn't it obvious by corollary... that just like I am conscious you are also conscious.

From egoic consciousness it seems perfectly obvious. Notice I asked you about dream characters before. Do you think a dream character which can act identical to a person in the waking state has consciousness? 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

55 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

From egoic consciousness it seems perfectly obvious. Notice I asked you about dream characters before. Do you think a dream character which can act identical to a person in the waking state has consciousness? 

Ya that kinda makes sense.

But just as you earlier said that there is no way to either prove or disprove that other consciousness bubbles exist, then what I don't understand is why does Leo say affirmatively that they don't exist.

50 minutes ago, blueplasma said:

Ya that kinda makes sense.

But just as you earlier said that there is no way to either prove or disprove that other consciousness bubbles exist, then what I don't understand is why does Leo say affirmatively that they don't exist.

From the state of consciousness he's speaking of, there is just God, all separations or bubble of consciousness that you thought existed are unified.

There is no such thing as an another person in that state, everything is just a manifestation of God's infinite Mind, which is a singularity of infinite love, peace and freedom in which you can experience anything.

Even negative emotions can be experienced (contrary to popular spiritual belief), you acknowledge they are "negative" but they are in this mind sea of infinite love, peace and freedom, as any other experiences.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@BipolarGrowth

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I've had lucid dreams, vivid as waking life, where the characters, or i should say specifically in the one i'm remembering, one character, walked up to me, looked at me while i was trying to change the dream and smiled. It wouldn't let me take control of the dream. Everything else was an npc, but this one knew what i was trying to do and wouldn't let me. Long story short, there is a lot more to this one, to answer this question... idk, that was pretty wild and depending on how we are defining consciousness, i would say this character was conscious. 

10 hours ago, blueplasma said:

Is Reality one giant dream and God is experiencing it through infinite POV's corresponding to the infinite beings(which are themselves imaginary) OR

Is God imagining infinite dreams simultaneously and experiencing them separately and each persons life is one such dream ?

Think about it this way... You are not *perceiving* other people, so what is happening is that you're having a conscious direct experience of infinity manifesting itself in different ways. Where is 'your' Consciousness located? Where is the present moment occuring? The present moment is in fact impersonal consciousness/God experiencing whatever you're conscious of in the 'Now', because 'in the now' you are conscious, so everything is happening in your awareness, since you're Consciousness itself. ❤

So when you say "imagining infinite dreams symultaneously', "experiencing them separately" etc, you assume the present moment is separate from consciousness. Which is not the case. The present moment is You being conscious. Time is imaginary.

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

Since you are experiencing right now then it's certainly true for you. Your own experience. 

You have no access to other's experiences. So it's just a belief and will remain a belief. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

I like where your mind is at on your last words:

"You have no access to other's experiences. So it's just a belief and will remain a belief. "

But now there is a bigger question, is our beliefs, even when we don't know, the creation of reality? I would say yes. That's why reality isn't up to par. You may disagree or agree... but to what level? Do you hate me? or do you want to talk to me? That is the question. We need to meet, and we will. And in that, you'll grow and so will i. But, in reality, that's just how it works bc we have to follow finite rules. 

8 minutes ago, Kambido said:

, is our beliefs, even when we don't know, the creation of reality? I would say yes

Not always. You might believe that you are coffee table.. And that won't turn you into a coffee table. 

Of course you assume others are having an experience to be able to interact with them. That doesn't mean you actually know that. You do the same thing in your dreams at night with dream characters. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho