SQAAD

Is it a Good idea to take a Laxative while Water Fasting?

11 posts in this topic

I am currently on day 4 of my water fasting. Yesterday i went to the bathroom and defecated a lil bit which was kinda Surprising to me after 3 days of no food. I hear many people on YouTube talking about sh*t that can stay in your system and prevent your body  sometimes from absorbing the minerals it needs.

I am thinking to take a laxative while fasting. Is this a good idea??

Edited by SQAAD

Don't do it. I'm familiar with Loren Lockman. Look into more of his videos, he's very adamant that on water fasts nothing else should be taken other than water. Be safe, really listen to your body and don't push anything if it says not to. Also warning on Loren Lockman, he's extreme and dogmatic about his beliefs on fasting so be aware of that. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry

47 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Also warning on Loren Lockman, he's extreme and dogmatic about his beliefs on fasting so be aware of that. 

Yes i agree on that. Generally i take every advice with a grain of salt nowadays.. I am taking sodium and magnesium despite his recommendations.

Why shouldn't i take the laxative though? I believe i can get some more waste out this way..

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Yesterday i went to the bathroom and defecated a lil bit which was kinda Surprising to me after 3 days of no food.

Your poo is not only made of the undigested food. There are many components such as recycled red blood cells, bilirubin, amino acids from cell breakdown, dead cells, dead bacteria your immune system killed, dead microbiome species, removed minerals, removed hormones, neurotransmitters etc. You will keep poo-ing as long as you live although the volume will reduce if you stop eating ofcouse. 

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I hear many people on YouTube talking about sh*t that can stay in your system and prevent your body  sometimes from absorbing the minerals it needs.

This is a common thing shared in fruitarian communities. If you speak to any gastroenterologist who has seen 100s of colons through a camera they will tell you this there is no dark sediment of dry shit stuck to the walls of colon. You would die if that happened. In fact there used to be a guy on the forum who would fill his journal with pictures of his shit and he was always talking about this. He did not believe when he was told that there is no black mouldy stuff inside your colon...it is a made of stuff. 

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I am thinking to take a laxative while fasting. Is this a good idea??

probably not a good idea, laxatives are toxic colonic irritants. Your body, being fasted, is probably already low on electrolytes and minerals , you want to preserve as much of those as you can.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

This is a common thing shared in fruitarian communities. If you speak to any gastroenterologist who has seen 100s of colons through a camera they will tell you this there is no dark sediment of dry shit stuck to the walls of colon. You would die if that happened. In fact there used to be a guy on the forum who would fill his journal with pictures of his shit and he was always talking about this. He did not believe when he was told that there is no black mouldy stuff inside your colon...it is a made of stuff. 

probably not a good idea, laxatives are toxic colonic irritants. Your body, being fasted, is probably already low on electrolytes and minerals , you want to preserve as much of those as you can.

Thank you for the quality information. Damn there is a LOT of misinformation on the internet....

5 hours ago, Michael569 said:

If you speak to any gastroenterologist who has seen 100s of colons through a camera they will tell you this there is no dark sediment of dry shit stuck to the walls of colon. You would die if that happened. In fact there used to be a guy on the forum who would fill his journal with pictures of his shit and he was always talking about this. He did not believe when he was told that there is no black mouldy stuff inside your colon...it is a made of stuff. 

While I'm not necessarily in the camp of believing there is shit stuck on the walls of our colon, I believe that the idea in their community is actually that, the reason you can't see it with a camera is because it's higher up there than the camera goes and even lines the wall of the small intestine (muccoid plaque). 

"You Create Magic" 

17 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

While I'm not necessarily in the camp of believing there is shit stuck on the walls of our colon, I believe that the idea in their community is actually that, the reason you can't see it with a camera is because it's higher up there than the camera goes and even lines the wall of the small intestine (muccoid plaque). 

I dunno, you should have mucous on the walls of your intestines, this is where most of your microbiome is attached to, it is there to protect the gut. If there was black mucoid plaque we would see that on biopsies when dead people are being opened up but nowhere in the medical literature have I seen it ever mentioned. I may be dogmatically blinded to something here but I don't believe this is a real thing. 

Also, we can usually go both ways, you can get endoscopy all the way in the duodenum and colonoscopy can actually cross ileocecal valve and enter distal ileum but the middle part we cannot reach that's true. If it was a thing, it would have been spread across and would have definitely been seen in the colon as well. It's just another of those things like believing that one needs to have sediment in urine otherwise kidneys are not filtering or that every single disease is caused by a virus (e.g. medical medium). It just ain't that simple 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 The way Loren Lockman puts it (dude in the video above) is that small amounts of food do get lodged in the intenstines from each meal. Which kind of makes sense, I mean, is our body processing each and every particle? And he says that over the years that food builds and builds, lining the walls and creates toxicity. I don't know if this is true of course, I just think it's interesting and possibly probable? 

If there was black mucoid plaque we would see that on biopsies when dead people are being opened up but nowhere in the medical literature have I seen it ever mentioned.

I would think so too. 

"You Create Magic" 

12 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@Michael569 The way Loren Lockman puts it (dude in the video above) is that small amounts of food do get lodged in the intenstines from each meal. Which kind of makes sense,

For this to happen, the food that get stuck would need to have high adhesion to the body but low cohesion to other food particles. Even if you somehow ingested glue, it would likely stick more on the food than onto the intestine itself and you would unlikely see food particles stay stuck. Food particles that are stuck would need to resist friction with other food particles passing by constantly.

You could make the argument that old food particles get replaced by new food particles constantly and there's always a little bit left over but it wouldn't become toxic nor would accumulate.

I'm also just speculating here, couldn't find any study on this because it's probably more of a rumor than anything else.

@Flowerfaeiry there is a mechanism that should prevent that called migrating motor complex (MMC) which is kinda like thousands of tiny micro contractions going across the entire small intestine with the aim to clean of any leftovers. (at least that's the theory what it does so far). You can google this, it's quite an interesting effect. This happens once the digestions stop so theoretically if this god damaged, maybe...it would have to mean significant damage to the nervous system branch managing the digestive system but even then the damage would have to be so extensive and so massive, I don't know what would be able to cause that. Maybe one ina million after some sort of traumatic accident or extreme form of IBD where the inflammation just destroyed a large portion of neurons in the gut. 

What these guys (Loren, John Rose, the dude on Hawai i always forget his name) say is that everyone who is eating anything but a fruitarian diet has that which I'm finding hard to believe. 

If you had a layer that prevented you from digesting the food you would find out very very quickly. Massive hair loss, fatigue, bad skin, bad breath, acne all over, depression, massive weight loss, bone loss, muscle loss to the point the person would look like a prisoner of war. Funny enough a lot of fruitarians end up looking like that... not a generalisation but just some observation. 

You could take a double or triple dose of "Natural Calm" which is magnesium citrate, before starting the fast if you wanted... or if you wanted to go hardcore, take the concentrated lemon flavor magnesium citrate you can find at pharmacies that they have people take before a colonoscopy... will empty the pipes and the average person could use the magnesium.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Magnesium-Citrate-Saline-Laxative-Lemon-Flavor-10-Oz/34772430

That stuff tastes fairly pleasant also... like lemon diet soda.

Edited by sholomar