fopylo

Feeling stuck in this journey (lack of clarity and direction)

7 posts in this topic

Self-actualization is all fun and cool, but I often don't have a solid clear direction for where I'm going.
I am doing my 20 minutes of breath meditation, 30 minutes of mindfulness meditation, workout 3 times a week, on nofap, have a morning routine, starting to get back into hobbies (piano and learning Japanese), and maybe a few more, but it feels very comfy. Like I am continuously learning by watching Actualized,org and reading.
The problem is that all it does is making me feel more secure in my state, in other words, it took some layers of fear off (the mindfulness practices especially helped with it). It's more like a peaceful comfort because my happiness levels have shot up. So yeah, I'm pretty much lost as to where I want to put my focus towards (to go all in for a period, it is quite scary and threatening). I might choose the wrong domain.
I've recently watched Leo's video on the importance of balance in personal development which was very good. But still, the balances that I put for myself will all need to eventually coordinate in accomplishing the one major objective.

How do you get clarity as to where you are going next? I don't have some serious bad aspect in my life which I'm suffering from, which in that case the answer would be quite obvious.

I'm kind of on the same boat with you. I'm reading a few books from Leo's book list and I just watched his "power of asking questions" video yesterday. the books I read that have been helpful so far are the success principles by jack canfield and the big leap by gay Hendricks. his power of questions video gives a long list of questions to ponder and contemplate that will help you bring more clarity into your life. sometimes it's just about asking the right questions which was the missing part in my life 

Find out your life purpose. That will give you lots of work. 

"You Create Magic" 

Do you work or study?

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 Study, and have a part time job (if you could call it that way since it's only like 3 hours a week). High school senior, and then military for 3 years (you must. It's the law from my country) before I get to this point where I decide what to really do with my life.

@Flowerfaeiry In less than 3 moths I'm going for a pre-military camp for 6 months and then serving at the military for 2.5 years (a must). I won't have time to work on finding my life purpose

@iceprincess I just don't want to neglect Maslow's Hierarchy as well as my authentic desires and my unfound objective. Sometimes I do contemplate but it ends quick because I still fear of missing out and going all in on the wrong things.