StarStruck

Psychedelics and trauma healing

10 posts in this topic

What are good sources? I want to do it in conjunction with a therapist. Probably do it the day before my therapy and use therapy to integrate.

In Tate we trust

Stan Grof is probably the one with the deepest understanding and the most practical experience. He has lots of great books like: The Way of the Psychonaut and LSD Doorway to the Numinous.

Ralph Metzner also has lots of experience with psychedelic therapy and a great summarizing book: ALLIES for AWAKENING Guidelines for productive and safe experiences with entheogens

LSD and the Mind of the Universe by Christopher M. Bache is not particularly about therapy but he uses Stan Grof's methode to explore the mind and you will learn lots of useful stuff in this book.

Entheogenic Liberation: Unraveling the Enigma of Nonduality with 5-MeO-DMT Energetic Therapy by Martin Ball is also helpful even if you don't use 5-MeO-DMT. Also you should check out Marin Balls podcast there are a few episodes where he talks with psychedelic therapists.

You can go down the rabbit hole and find endless stuff and also lots of bad information's so be careful..

If you dive into Stan Grof's work you can't go wrong but as you probably know reading about it and doing it is a totally different thing. Of course it's good to study the literature but this work is highly individual and your experience will most likely be very different from what you have read.

I would suggest to start with long lasting psychedelics in moderate doses like 100ug lsd and then slowly increase the dose over your sessions. The psychedelic will basically teach you everything you have to know but you have to experiment a bit and find whats the best methode for you.

@acidgoofy damn, thank you so much. That is what I was looking for. I know there is a lot of bad info out there. That is why I asked it here. I already took 220 ug of LSD and it was fine. I just missed the guidance for healing. IMHO actualized dot org has to focus on this stuff. Trying to be enlightened while having traumas is a recipe for disaster.

In Tate we trust

Luckily I have therapy though.

Last 3 months I studied psychology (while taking therapy).

Next 3 months I will dive deep with psychedelics.

Wish me luck.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck

You are welcome! Taking out the garbage as Bache calls it is key to this work and very rewarding in the long run. Facing this stuff is very uncomfortable thats why many people skip it, I think.

Keep in mind that you want to take this as an Marathon rather then a race. You are not gonna clean it out in 3 months for example so always be patient and gentle with yourself because there is a risk to become even more traumatized. And to really open up most people have to do at least a few trips with high doses like 400ug+.

Having professional therapy in combination is as good as it gets, I wish you the best!?

23 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

@StarStruck

You are welcome! Taking out the garbage as Bache calls it is key to this work and very rewarding in the long run. Facing this stuff is very uncomfortable thats why many people skip it, I think.

Keep in mind that you want to take this as an Marathon rather then a race. You are not gonna clean it out in 3 months for example so always be patient and gentle with yourself because there is a risk to become even more traumatized. And to really open up most people have to do at least a few trips with high doses like 400ug+.

Having professional therapy in combination is as good as it gets, I wish you the best!?

My plan is this:

I will take two weeks to read the necessary literature that you provided and after that start taking LSD and 5 MeO, I hope to wrap it up in the next 2-3 months in conjunction with therapy. I have a history of serious psychological and physical abuse. I'm really done with my old ways. I feel like I need to take some radical steps. I already did the necessary prep with therapy and reading. I can't really do more.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

Yeah sounds like you are ready!?

If you have access to Ketamine, it's also a very good tool to heal trauma. You will have a different perspective as in your lsd trips and they don't have cross tolerance like most psychedelics. But you have to be careful with it because it's addictive, not like heroin more like alcohol addiction.

Also I would recommend to get some trip killers, especially if you don't have a trip sitter. It will give you some peace of mind when you know that you have benzos to end the trip, just in case.

I didn't mean that it will take a long time for you to heal your history of serious abuse. Most people have incredible changes after a few sessions but this is just the surface, the deeper you go the more you will find. Basically I meant if you want to become more conscious you also have to face more shit.

14 hours ago, StarStruck said:

What are good sources? I want to do it in conjunction with a therapist. Probably do it the day before my therapy and use therapy to integrate.

It may be ok to have more than one day gap between your trip and the therapy. Depends if you already want to conceptualize so soon.

Edited by Elisabeth

What works best for me Low/moderate dose of LSD (100-150ug) going the deepest you can into your feelings. High doses might be too trascendental to being enough practical for the material/low vibration world. That's why 5-MeO-DMT is not very practical for lots of people, for example. Too "out of the illusion".

After the trip integrate for at least 2-3 months working with a therapist. 

Although ANYBODY or ANYTHING can be "your therapist". The therapist is an excuse you play to yourself as God to heal yourself. You imagine your therapist ?

But yeah, whatever works for you man.