Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

Is reincarnation even possible or accurate?

5 posts in this topic

In the relative sense there is a you. And with our relative minds we want to know what happens to the relative self upon death. It cannot be like any drug trip because remnants of the brain (specifically memory) are clearly active.

I am considering... There is an "experience of you" but not a you. Much like how a thought comes and goes.

To ask where we go when we die, to suggest we reincarnate or something is like saying characters in a dream when they vanish must come back in some other form. But they actually just cease to exist because they were never real at all.

But then from the point of view of that vanishing dream man, what has happened? From our relative experience of existing as a being, do we simply enter oblivion like Atheism suggests? There would be no experience of oblivion of course. But would it basically just be like that?

There are books out there about lives between the lives writen by Dr. Michael Newton.

Journey of Souls

Destiny of Souls

Maybe you should check it out.

Well, since any exclusive positive claim is necessarily false, I cannot say reincarnation is real. It's like anything else: it may appear to happen.

The Law of One / Ra Material (quite legit channeled work) provides some info on the technicalities of reincarnation (and metaphysics in general). If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it:

https://www.lawofone.info/sessions.php

Aaron Abke has an amazing series on the Ra Material if you're new to it. Very highly recommend it:

Relative is absolute. The absolute appears as the relative.

Edited by The0Self

Reincarnation only makes sense if you believe the story surrounding it. For example in Buddhism, there is no self or soul that gets reborn; its only karma that binds your habitual tendencies that gets passed down life after life. You now, is not the you of the past because there is no soul, but the you of now has the inherited karma of the phenomena of you of the past. If you believe this, I do, then reincarnation makes sense. If you don't have the background knowledgr of karma, it's workings, and it's part in reincarnation then the theory unravels. That's why people are so confused about the process of reincarnation, they don't have the complete theory and rules encompassing the phenomena, only a part here and a part there so they come to conclusions like no it's not real it's just a mind construct or other.

@RMQualtrough Yeah for sure it could be possible on some level, who knows. Why couldn't it be. 

I'll try playing devil's advocate for those beliefs in re-incarnation. I think to entertain this, we need to bear in mind the concept that there are different levels and different senses in which "you" as an entity/individual/soul/person exist. Hindus sometimes talk about "the body" on multiple levels. There is the physical body, mental body, and astral body, etc. 

So even if you believe in re-incarnation, there is a good chance you can think that much of what you call and identify as "you" does in fact die. It would be hard to know what it all exactly means. 
Alright so maybe hypothetically I die, and then I get re-incarnated as a random baby in Mexico, or maybe I got re-incarnated into a different universe or astral realm completely. Whatever the case, my current human self has definitely died in a large sense. But the idea or happening of re-incarnation gives you hope or more optimism that you keep going on. 

So if you wonder about re-incarnation, it will depend on the specifics of what parts of you think "die" versus what "goes on and survives". It will enter questions about what you define as "you". Different kinds of structures which we call "you". 
_  _ _ _ 
It's been quite some months since I've had a proper spiritual experience, but the last one was in regards to death and immortality of my true nature. And that had nothing to do with re-incarnation, it was irrelevant of and beyond that. That's my memory and the story anyway, I'm not experiencing it now. 

I think it's quite possible though that enlightenment can be independent of factors involving re-incarnation or not. Kinda like how being enlightened is independent of your knowledge of biology or physics, the same thing could true in regards to re-incarnation. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.