Javfly33

Inspecting the "I" thought.

5 posts in this topic

Had a deep sober awakening.

I deeply inpected the "I" thought.

And found out:

The "I" thought, as a belief, IS ME. 

But...

The "I" thought, as an actuality, is... Just a thought. Duh!

So the ego is a thought. ?

You can let go of the ego easily, if you realize it's just a thought you keep believing to not be a thought. 

It goes like this:

When you don't inspect:

"I" thought arises => reaction => 'Oh, that's me!' (BELIEF)

When you do inspect:

"I" thought arises => inspection => 'Oh, it's s thought that points to nowhere (it points to a belief of a me) ' (ACTUAL OBSERVATION)

Blessings brothers ?? We shall be free of our own ignorance of our own creation ?

The I thought is made up at very subtle levels too. So even when one uncovers one layer of the I thought, there are still unconscious emotional perception knots still actively identifying and holding on. Keep inspecting, keep dissecting, keep feeling, keep untangling, keep releasing :) 

@Consilience Yes exactly. And it creates all our addictions, including the addiction to thinking. So when the I-thought is gone for real, we can meditate without thoughts effortlessly.

Ramana Maharshi said: "When there are thoughts, it is distraction: when there are no thoughts, it is meditation."

"The degree of freedom from unwanted thoughts and the degree of concentration on a single thought are the measures to gauge spiritual progress."

Nice investigation ?

Yes the "I" is an assumption... it just seems so obvious that it's never actually closely inspected.

Notice it's more than just a thought though... it is an actual experience.

It creates an I am here and everything else is out there and I have to defend myself experience.

Keep watching it ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Consilience A shame that the English language never bothered to create enough words for I and self etc.

There are many I's, which do I mean? The ego I, the awareness I? Who knows... Which self? The external physical body self, the mind self?

This causes immense issues when trying to explain anything regarding these sorts of matters.

Edited by RMQualtrough