Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatsumaru

How to deal with the extreme weirdness of transcendence?

8 posts in this topic

At some point in the spiritual journey things get too weird for the little brain to handle them. So called realities start falling apart. So called understandings of the universe stop making sense. The society, The matrix, The career, The purpose it all starts to fade away as if it was just some dream and you have no clue what to even expect. Some sort of transcendence. To be completely honest I am quite afraid of waking up, I'm scared that I might just lose it and become some rambling madman medicated in some asylum or something. What is the proper way to go through the scariest and craziest spiritual journeys that we know nothing about and not know what to expect and is simply like a angry river taking our powerless selves down the waterfall of mystery? Is it to simply surrender and allow? Certainly resistance is futile and harmful. And without knowledge or understanding then what else could be the answer than to simply surrender? But could this surrender destroy our capability to be human again, to be able to communicate? Like those psychedelic users who remained stuck in their trips forever? On the other side of the rift there will be no friends to help, no forum to ask questions in, just a fractal void of mysteriousness beyond my wisdom. How to navigate this storm?

Edited by tatsumaru

It's easier to trust when we have a teacher. Someone who radiates grace and energy. When you find your true teacher, it will be the best feeling ever, and you will know that everything will be okay. But your teacher has to be the real deal, don't give your power away to anyone, a true teacher will give you everything.

@tatsumaru  About 10 years ago my meditation practice led to a total breakdown of form where I simply couldn't escape the perception that everything in my visual field, every thing and every person I knew were simply configurations of atoms.  It lasted around 6 months and during that time the only thing which held me together was the fact that I didn't do anything drastic.  I knew everything was an illusion, but I kept doing things pretty much as normal, I kept eating and sleeping, I kept hanging out with friends and family and I just tried my best to go along with things as normal.  The fact is, time truly does heal all wounds and a state like that simply isn't going to last forever.  So just allow time to pass, and you'll come out the other side eventually.

9 minutes ago, kinesin said:

@tatsumaru  About 10 years ago my meditation practice led to a total breakdown of form where I simply couldn't escape the perception that everything in my visual field, every thing and every person I knew were simply configurations of atoms.  It lasted around 6 months and during that time the only thing which held me together was the fact that I didn't do anything drastic.  I knew everything was an illusion, but I kept doing things pretty much as normal, I kept eating and sleeping, I kept hanging out with friends and family and I just tried my best to go along with things as normal.  The fact is, time truly does heal all wounds and a state like that simply isn't going to last forever.  So just allow time to pass, and you'll come out the other side eventually.

Did you come out the other side or did you return to where you started from?

@tatsumaru  I came out the other side far more spiritually developed, with a whole new perspective on things.  There's a quote from zen buddhism which is relevant to the process -

"Before I had studied Zen for thirty years, I saw mountains as mountains, and waters as waters. When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and waters are not waters. But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest. For it's just that I see mountains once again as mountains, and waters once again as waters."

Of course, being told that it'll all be okay doesn't necessarily make the process any easier.  I believe it's an inherently traumatic experience, having all your norms and core categories by which your brain processes your reality stripped away.  It's for the best though, but like I said, just don't do anything drastic.  Don't make any big gestures or actions in the face of realising that the world is illusory and you'll be alright.

2 hours ago, tatsumaru said:

. What is the proper way to go through the scariest and craziest spiritual journeys that we know nothing about and not know what to expect and is simply like a angry river taking our powerless selves down the waterfall of mystery? 

It helps a lot if you understand all that stuff already conceptually. But you will still be severely shocked and mindfucked, because nothing can really prepare you. 

I guess the best you can do to keep the crazies low is to take it slow. The faster you wake up, the more shocking. 

@tatsumaru hmmm. i think david hawkins teachings apply best here. what does "the extreme weirdness of transcendence" *feel* like? Does it feel hot in your chest area, your head, your feets, your balls? where do u feel it, dive into the experience. thats a practical way of "solving" the feeling. as for the intellectual answer to ur question. i would follow your own intuition 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

Change perspective anytime, to those which feel good. Be more picky what you put in front of you. You are not the source of these concerns. They’re learned, conditioning. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE