Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tanz

Good sociology lecture

5 posts in this topic

Here's a great lecture on the nature of sociology and the importance of it.  The dude has some interesting lectures and is a healthy green level lecturer.  

free will vs determinism is an endless debate 

after listening to some of sadhgurus book on Karma is obvious to me that every "choice" we make is just part of a larger program, string, or samskara.

I notice this with my life, the past three years have gone down very similar patterns. 

I do feel as though collective issues and strings samskaras do a good job of explaining individual problems, but also resonate with the message that you can always "take responsibility" and make your own choices to change the outcomes for yourself individually even if it is an illusion 

alright this good. i don't know sociology outside of psychology

9 hours ago, Gidiot said:

free will vs determinism is an endless debate 

after listening to some of sadhgurus book on Karma is obvious to me that every "choice" we make is just part of a larger program, string, or samskara.

I notice this with my life, the past three years have gone down very similar patterns. 

I do feel as though collective issues and strings samskaras do a good job of explaining individual problems, but also resonate with the message that you can always "take responsibility" and make your own choices to change the outcomes for yourself individually even if it is an illusion 

I believe determinism applies more in those that are unconscious. But even then, many conscious people have died prematurely from some kind of illness or accident.