SageModeAustin

no phone for a week. journal. thoughts.

9 posts in this topic

i'm on day 2. i feel empty as fuck. i also feel less stressed. i also feel more content with myself. i dont care about other peoples opinions of me. its only day 2 and it feels like im closed off from the world. i feel depressed like always but its more of like a cool depressed, intelligent depressed if that makes sense. im really considering who my real friends are. i recently re-did the assesmnet of values from leo guras purpose course. i find myself so alone that its almost laughable. its almost like i always knew it was like this, but i've been distracted by technology 24/7 that i couldn't experience it. im really considering if i even want a girlfriend as i've thought i always did because it would fill a gap in my loneliness. but now i realize this gap cannot be filled by something outside of myself. impossible. its simply not possible this void is too great. independence is my #1 most valued trait interestingly enough now. 2-3 years ago it was truth/reality as my #1 value. i guess in the 2-3 years since i've taken the course i realize now that a lot of my values changed. i think im becoming more depressed but in an evolved way. i am also noticing things in my house i never noticed before like the design of the walls. i also dont see a point to no-fap anymore as the main goal of that is to be "someone" or "get a girlfriend" or "be better" but that is all pretty meaningless to me now. its like we really are just alone. nobody can experience you only you can. i guess people can get close to it but who cares. everythings temporary and transient anyways. all good things go away and all bad things go away, so whats the point hahahahha

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

this is Great! i was thinking about getting flip phone to detox a little bit, but im not that brave yet! 

Meaning's created in the mind, life is beautiful and it's your birthright to become one with that beauty, you might as well!

Also NoFap is good on an energetic level, and can help with mental health and general mood

1 minute ago, Regan said:

Meaning's created in the mind, life is beautiful and it's your birthright to become one with that beauty, you might as well!

Also NoFap is good on an energetic level, and can help with mental health and general mood

Do you generally stay away from social media?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

yeah, i used to be on it all the time but I deleted my ig/twitter accounts last year, I have a facebook account that I usually keep deactivated and i don't have the app on my phone, but still have an account for future marketing purposes as facebook ads can be helpful

@Preety_India

Edited by Regan

@blackchair oh man its rough. but worth it. i cried last night. it feels like im facing my emotions head on and becoming lighter quicker. 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

Update: I failed on around day 2.5-3. Danm it’s actually crazy this challenge is hard haha

Replace the time spent on the phone doing something else. Go to the gym, work on a hobbies, go biking outside, only socialize on a hard computer. Please dont bring a phone outside... 

One of the best meta-moves i was lucky to make in life was to never buy a phone. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Tim Ho yes I’ve meditated doing nothing for hours before