Eternal Unity

The Fallacy of Lies

9 posts in this topic

What is a Lie exactly?

Is it the opposite of truth? No. Truth has no opposition, it is All There Is.

Is It a twist of the truth? No. Truth is truth, it cannot be twisted.

Well, what is Truth then? Truth is about higher than asking it questions of Isness.

My conclusion, even as I lie, I speak the truth.

Some early morning ramblings on an awakening man... thanks for taking the time to read?

Stay healthy, wherever you are ?

Greg.

Edited by Eternal Unity
Ramblings

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Even though the universe cannot lie to you, you can look at truth and become deluded by it. So then, what becomes true is your delusion about reality. A lie is something that describes reality inaccurately, that is what is true about it.

If someone tells you "Santa Claus is real", what is true is that someone said some words to you. However, your mind might take that experience, all of which is true, and believe that some magical being named Santa Claus exists somewhere in the world. And so, what also becomes true is your delusion about reality.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid Highly resonate with this, thanks ?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

A lie is a manipulation of the true nature of reality. 

A lie is a fabrication, a made up statement that does not corroborate with facts and has zero evidence to back it up because it's a lie. 

A lie is a grandiose delusion that brings comfort to the mind very much like a sugar pill. 

A lie is a slander of truth, a slander of character and value. 

A lie is a pole that you play with which will eventually take you down a dark path if you don't stop to look for the truth. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, Preety_India said:

A lie is a manipulation of the true nature of reality. 

A lie is a fabrication, a made up statement that does not corroborate with facts and has zero evidence to back it up because it's a lie. 

A lie is a grandiose delusion that brings comfort to the mind very much like a sugar pill. 

A lie is a slander of truth, a slander of character and value. 

A lie is a pole that you play with which will eventually take you down a dark path if you don't stop to look for the truth. 

Thanks

A good logical definition is the oath we all know "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth".

If we split this statement into the logical expressions it contains we get these three logical statements:

1. Tell Truth; What I'm gonna say IS "true" (whatever that means).
  2. the whole truth; which means I'm not hide or ommit any part of the "truth".
  3. Nothing but the truth can be seen logically as Only the truth; All the things I'm gonna say are true statements, meaning there aren't any hidden false statements within my phrases.

Following this framework you can see that a lot of lies are simply a twisting of the truth according to one of two axes: omission of truth or addage of lies.

But if you go meta with this you can see that we only tell/think what is untrue only to ommit a part of reality which is hard to take in as it is or to change to fit a given narrative.

So the fallacy is that there is no fallacy and everything is true, it just happens that sometimes that truth get transformed through our minds (consciously or unconsciously) and it cascades into the birth of lies. 

@5-D - L O V E Thank you so much!