TheDao

Male and female identity is one of the biggest religions of our time

47 posts in this topic

Apart from clear physical differences between men and women, gender identity is one of our biggest religions of our time. (dis)Agree? 

Edited by TheDao

I disagree. Not only their bodies are obviously different, also their minds works differently.

Men and women will always be different. I don't understand why some people in this forum don't want to accept this obvious fact. I seriously do not understand it. Even a 3 year old knows there's a difference. Probably even animals notice the difference.

Edited by Blackhawk

There's distinctions to make here, so we don't end up at cross purposes. From Wiktionary page on gender:

"Since the 1960s, it is increasingly common—particularly in academic contexts—to distinguish between sex and gender, the former being taken as inherent biological distinctions and the latter as constructed social and cultural ones. See Wikipedia's article on the Sex and gender distinction."

So the sex distinction is overlapping, but not equal to, the gender scale. There's other categories recognised now too, so it's not a simple binary split between m/f.

If there is a religious (or sociological/political) aspect to this, it's more with the gender scale than the biological facts of sex.

Edited by snowyowl
clarity

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@Blackhawk You havn't named anything different. Please provide some evidence.

39 minutes ago, TheDao said:

@Blackhawk You havn't named anything different. Please provide some evidence.

Women are more emotional, they cry much more, they are physically less violent, they get turned on by different things than men do, they value social stuff more, etc.

25 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Women are more emotional, they cry much more, they are physically less violent, they get turned on by different things than men do, they value social stuff more, etc.

Now you are naming social programming. The religion of male strong, female social. I was asking for evidence of inborn stuff. Not constructed identities.

Just now, TheDao said:

Now you are naming social programming. The religion of male strong, female social. I was asking for evidence of inborn stuff. Not constructed identities.

No those aren't socially programmed. Our brains are since birth hardwired with differences.

15 minutes ago, TheDao said:

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different.html

"New technologies have generated a growing pile of evidence that there are inherent differences in how men’s and women’s brains are wired and how they work."

4 hours ago, TheDao said:

Apart from clear physical differences between men and women, gender identity is one of our biggest religions of our time. (dis)Agree? 

The way I define religion is this...

An intellectual framework for understanding how reality works or an aspect of reality works that may or may not be reflective of the underlying reality. 

Everyone has a religion.

Religions may or may not be spiritual. 

Most people are unconscious of the full extent of their religion because most people take their religion for granted. They are like fish in water.

So, the answer is yes... gender identity can be part of someone’s religion.

But the answer is no, in the sense that it’s no more or less a religion than 99% of the beliefs human beings hold.

Edit: Also, underneath the “religion” projected onto gender/sex in the form of gender norms, there is real difference. There are exceptions to the rule. But in 80%+ of people, you’re going to find that there are real biological and energetic differences between men and women.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Blackhawk Nope not hardwired. You simply dont have good proof for that. You can sum up some scientist who are in paradigma lock. But they will lose. Your gender is a construction.

Edited by TheDao

@TheDao Ok I'm done with this discussion. There is no point in talking with someone who denies both experience and scientific evidence.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I don't understand why some people in this forum don't want to accept this obvious fact. I seriously do not understand it. Even a 3 year old knows there's a difference. Probably even animals notice the difference.

For one, there are exceptions to this rule. So, people acknowledge the existence of the LGBT community and other non-gender conforming people and extrapolate that this invalidates the general differences between men and women. Or they fear that acknowledging the generalities will somehow invalidate non-gender conforming people. So, that’s one.

Or a person can believe that human beings were born as a Tabula Rasa and that a person’s personality is 100% shaped by external forces. This is someone with a worldview that skews far more towards nurture in the “nature vs nurture” argument.

But ultimately, why you see most people having resistance to acknowledging general differences between men and women... is because they subconsciously believe masculinity is superior to femininity.

So, to acknowledge that men and women are different and that men are inherently more masculine as a general rule is to acknowledge that women are inferior in their deep-down assessment as they see masculinity as better and femininity as worse.

And usually men and women in this mindset are Feminists of some kind... dealing with their misogynistic shadow. 

The antidote to this is to genuinely appreciate the feminine perspective.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Blackhawk interesting debate! Look at how men and women vary in cultures and over time, this could be your first hint at how much a construction this is. You even have cultures where men are the caretakers. The men of now are way different than 100 years ago. They can express feelings nowadays and talk more for example. Try Leos newest video. Have a nice day!

Edited by TheDao

9 minutes ago, TheDao said:

Thats bullshit. We are wired 99 procent the same.

And we’re wired 96% the same as Chimpanzees DNA-wise.

Even a percentage of difference can account for many natural divergences. 

Emotionalmastery.org

8 minutes ago, Emerald said:

But ultimately, why you see most people having resistance to acknowledging general differences between men and women... is because they subconsciously believe masculinity is superior to femininity.

No thats not why I dont like the big pressure of conformity that there is to ones gender. Its because I like freedom. I think especially males are locked in to rigid norms.

Edited by TheDao

1 minute ago, TheDao said:

No thats not why I dont like the big pressure of conformity that there is to ones gender. Its because I like freedom. 

I didn’t say that’s why you specifically think that. It’s just the most common reason why people deny general differences between men and women.

Freedom from gender roles could be your motive for cognitive dissonance around this issue. It’s another common one.

You feel like even noticing any distinction between men and women will trap you in a gender role. It won’t. But you fear that.

The more interesting question is why you feel that acknowledging general differences will trap you.

Were you raised in a really repressive religious background?

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Yes, you're sharp and beautiful like a emerald/diamond/crystal.

Edited by Blackhawk