Zion

Libertarianism Perspectival Questions

7 posts in this topic

Why is it seen that we are inevitably corrupt & selfish? Can this not change overtime? Can there not be a time to where our species has matured enough to pass down selfless teachings & parenting to further develop our government as a collectivist amongst individualists?

@Leo Gura It seems as though your saying its inevitable for humanity to be violent & distraught. Why do you see it this way? I will say I'm rather optimistic, but it does seem like humanity can grow & mature over lots of time.

Whats to stop humanity from maturing & becoming wiser earlier with each generation?

To be clear, I'm not all-for libertarianism. However I'm interested in some of the positives that come from it's ideas of freedom. 

17 minutes ago, Zion said:

Why is it seen that we are inevitably corrupt & selfish?

Hehe, because humans are existentially selfish.

Can this not change overtime?

It can, but you'd have to stop being human.

Can there not be a time to where our species has matured enough to pass down selfless teachings & parenting to further develop our government as a collectivist amongst individualists?

Yes, but not for 1000 years at least.

Some like libertarianism can work is a collective of demi-god like conscious beings, such as DMT aliens. They don't need government because they are conscious and selfless enough to govern themselves. Humans are nowhere near that. Not even close.

@Leo Gura It seems as though your saying its inevitable for humanity to be violent & distraught.

Not inevitable, but guaranteed for our lifetimes.

Why do you see it this way?

Look around at the world. Look at all the right-wing nationalist fools all around the world.

At least have the world is stage Blue or below. And stage Orange is not much better.

I will say I'm rather optimistic, but it does seem like humanity can grow & mature over lots of time.

In 1000 years, yes, everything will be different.

Whats to stop humanity from maturing & becoming wiser earlier with each generation?

Fear and selfishness, and simply lack of technological understanding.

To be clear, I'm not all-for libertarianism. However I'm interested in some of the positives that come from it's ideas of freedom. 

Those ideas of freedom can apply to something like DMT entities or aliens.

Freedom requires massive consciousness and responsibility. Your average libertarian is not even emotionally mature enough to take responsibility for racism, sexism, or capitalistic exploitation. He can't even take responsibility for paying taxes, for fuck's sake. This is not freedom, this is a child whining about not getting his candy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have heard Libertarians described as republicans who like drugs, abortion, and the LGBT community. That means their economic positions are the same ones that have given us disaster after disaster. Conservatism does make nice sounding (surface level) rhetoric but disasterous results.

Edited by Jake Johnson
Missing word

2 hours ago, Jake Johnson said:

Conservatism does make nice sounding (surface level) rhetoric

Conservative talk radio does not sound very nice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

every time i head " conservative" it instantly reminds me of canned  sardines

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

"Conservative talk radio does not sound very nice."

No it doesn't. I suppose I should have said appealing or good sounding. Examples of what I am talking about would be Thomas Sowell claiming 'it amazes me that it is considered greed to want to keep your money but not greed for the government to take your money.' At the surface level that sounds just. However roads, bridges, fire and police protection, military defense all cost money. Expecting to have all of them without paying anything for them is indeed greed. Rush Limbaugh defended Reagan's tax policies by pointing out that when Reagan took office the top 1% of earners paid about 18% of total tax revenues but by the time Reagan was leaving office the top 1% were paying a little over 20% of total revenus. At surface level that sounds like Reagan was fair to all and didn't favor the wealthiest. But with a little thought you realize that it means the exact opposite. If you have A x B = C and B decreases considerably yet C increases it means A shot through the roof. Reagan reduced B, the tax rate on the wealthiest 1% from a maximum of 70% down to a maximum of 28% yet C, the taxes paid by the wealthiest 1% as a percentage of total revenues increased. The obvious explanation being that  A, the incomes of the wealthiest 1% shot through the roof while the incomes of the rest stagnated or even declined. Conservative rhetoric consists almost entirely of such half truths and speciousness.

Edited by Jake Johnson
Typos

On 02/05/2021 at 10:02 AM, Zion said:

Why is it seen that we are inevitably corrupt & selfish? Can this not change overtime? Can there not be a time to where our species has matured enough to pass down selfless teachings & parenting to further develop our government as a collectivist amongst individualists?

@Leo Gura It seems as though your saying its inevitable for humanity to be violent & distraught. Why do you see it this way? I will say I'm rather optimistic, but it does seem like humanity can grow & mature over lots of time.

@Zion Good questions. 

Average IQ quite low, average emotional intelligence quite low.

Traditionalists, religious nazi's and social media cesspool. Try to stop that.