JJfromSwitzerland

Is gender a social construct?

69 posts in this topic

On 02/05/2021 at 8:22 PM, Danioover9000 said:

So basically, I'm actively hallucinating a separation between my biological sex and other people's sex? Also genders, sexual orientations and sexual preferences? I'm also imagining that other people have sentience as well, me included? Is that the general direction?

On a side note, what is begging the question? Is it begging you to answer the question? Is it begging you not to answer? How does begging the question work? Do I need to beg to ask any question?

I was learning about nanoscience this morning and came across this slide. Read the yellow part:

Capture.PNG

That's quite some wisdom for a physics slide :P

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

@ItsNick Yellow indeed ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5/1/2021 at 5:05 AM, JJfromSwitzerland said:

First off all: Please don't start to make a debate about female or male nature!

It's just a little confusing to me so that's why I ask the question:

There are females and males - biologically you can tell the differences: females are smaller on average and have breasts and males have mor muscles
and so on in general, this everybody can tell.

So if the rest, let's call it "software" is only a social construct and genders don't exist except from the body differences, why do the dating
rules apply and work?

So is gender just a social construct or are you born as male or female and also your so called "software" is this gender, what
do you think?

Born is a belief. ... one appears as two; the sphere of the world, and the sphere of the lens by which to experience the world. Then one believes thought defines perception (monkey mind).  You’re not a monkey though. A monkey can only react, and can not experience reaction, but not react (apparently). To stay in the impulsive reacting, sexually and any other, is to stay asleep in twoness. 

There are no males or females, no masculine or feminine. It only seems so identified as in the world. There is no reason to pop these beliefs

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 4.5.2021 at 0:07 PM, Leo Gura said:

That's like asking why some people smoke crack

cause smoking some good crack stones gives you a nice high and it distracts you from all the bullshit you have going on but at the end it makes everything worse

On 4.5.2021 at 0:07 PM, Leo Gura said:

They don't necessarily choose to be gay as a survival strategy, rather they are born with gay desires and their survival includes satisfying those desires.

but if we are god, don't we create by ourself what we are, so basically god chose to be gay to expierence everything that comes with it?!

@JJfromSwitzerland

On 01/05/2021 at 10:05 AM, JJfromSwitzerland said:

First off all: Please don't start to make a debate about female or male nature!

It's just a little confusing to me so that's why I ask the question:

There are females and males - biologically you can tell the differences: females are smaller on average and have breasts and males have mor muscles
and so on in general, this everybody can tell.

So if the rest, let's call it "software" is only a social construct and genders don't exist except from the body differences, why do the dating
rules apply and work?

So is gender just a social construct or are you born as male or female and also your so called "software" is this gender, what
do you think?

Physically speaking, yes there are consequences to changing your gender identity, depending on which society you do so, although at higher levels that's less relative and more imaginary.

There's probably more value in mental and energetic changes in the mind if the rigid gender constructs you deeply identify with is causing difficulty in the relative levels of your relationship and socializing. That still beeds higher open mindedness and more life experiences to realize.

I think some points of this topic has flown past my head, so I'll exit and come back when I've gathered my thoughts. Good day!

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Born is a belief. ... one appears as two; the sphere of the world, and the sphere of the lens by which to experience the world. Then one believes thought defines perception (monkey mind).  You’re not a monkey though. A monkey can only react, and can not experience reaction, but not react (apparently). To stay in the impulsive reacting, sexually and any other, is to stay asleep in twoness. 

There are no males or females, no masculine or feminine. It only seems so identified as in the world. There is no reason to pop these beliefs

that youtube video link you put in is dope because it gives an understandable explanation on your views of the world for people like me who you probably you would consider as someone who don't know shit about your point of view :P

9 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I think some points of this topic has flown past my head, so I'll exit and come back when I've gathered my thoughts. Good day!

alright then, see you soon player;) !