soos_mite_ah

I feel drained by my family

24 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

this is an example of invalidating someone's experience 

I guess people just come here to get validated.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

On 4/19/2021 at 9:21 AM, soos_mite_ah said:

I feel like I'm making a big deal out of this and that I'm being irrational.

I think your'e not irrational. You just sense the vibe and just it. It's real and don't deny it. I felt what you literally felt. I have lot of common stories like what you have, raised in very traditional family and yeah, that's really sucks. When you're going to spiritual work and personal development and back to the family hood, your vibe would crash because sense of conformity is really high in family, that exact vibe will drawn all your development back to their level if you not aware. Got you bro. In some time you need have your independence voice too, to step up and walk away from your family if they are reallly toxic from their bones. I done some radical voice to my family too and my action trigger lot of my parents unawareness too. They even crying and have different atitude afterthat. Follow what your inner self talk need to be done :) 

Hi there. I feel ya. I have experienced similar drained feelings. With me those feelings come from feeling powerless. Makes perfect sense, feeling no power = feeling weak or drained. And there is only one way to fix that, empower yourself. Don’t take any shit, assert yourself more, work on communication skills and setting healthy boundaries. 

Hope this feels like the correct answer for you. My parents also lacked the skills required to be assertive and I have watched my mum loose many friends because resentment builds up and explodes making her looks like the bad guy when really she is too kind. This is something i am dedicated to building as it’s essential skill.

good luck