Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Can you prevent male pattern baldness with diet/lifestyle?

12 posts in this topic

This is something i've been curious about for a few years now. Does anyone think it's possible to reverse balding with the perfect diet/life style, or do you think it's inevitable if you have the requisite genetics?

It's not possible for most using diet and life style unless they are deficient in vitamins or minerals.

Best thing is to get started on finasteride and minoxidil as soon as possible if you want to keep your hair.

@freejoy I've looked into that stuff in the past it's mildly affective at best. 

I'm curious if living a pure and healthy lifestyle could prevent it, but if not i'd rather let it go.

19 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@freejoy I've looked into that stuff in the past it's mildly affective at best. 

I'm curious if living a pure and healthy lifestyle could prevent it, but if not i'd rather let it go.

Some get amazing results using it. 

Both are FDA approved.

As far as diet goes you might want to listen to this:

I wouldn't waste my time on all the other snake oil salesmans.

@Raptorsin7 I believe you can slow it down, i've seen that happen. In terms of reversal, it depends on the cause. If all men in your family are bald and you started balding as a teenager that won't be reversible because there will be a powerful genetic drive 

If the cause os something like excess growth factors, excess DHT, iron deficiency, thyroid, stress I believe those can be reversed or at least stopped. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, freejoy said:

Best thing is to get started on finasteride and minoxidil as soon as possible if you want to keep your hair.

sorry but this is a horrible idea. These are 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors preventing conversion of testosterone to DHT and they are interfering with your steroid hormone balance, testosterone balance and will destroy your libido and sex drive. These are medical drugs for men with non-malignant prostate cancer or BPH and should never be taken by healthy men. They have massive side effects including suicidal tendencies 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

13 hours ago, Michael569 said:

sorry but this is a horrible idea. These are 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors preventing conversion of testosterone to DHT and they are interfering with your steroid hormone balance, testosterone balance and will destroy your libido and sex drive. These are medical drugs for men with non-malignant prostate cancer or BPH and should never be taken by healthy men. They have massive side effects including suicidal tendencies 

Here is some information about finasteride:

About minoxidil:

Also another proven method is skin needling.

@Michael569 What do you think caused it to slow down?

Also why do you think it's not possible to reverse it?

Less total free androgen load. That's basically the only way. Lowering DHT won't really help because doing that will increase testosterone, which is almost as pro-alopecia as DHT.

Of course, lowering androgens if they're already at healthy levels will increase chances of infarction.

So not really. Maybe lowering stress, resistance exercise, sleeping well, and just eating whole foods can help.

Edited by The0Self

@Valwyndir claimed he could easily cure baldness with awareness. I'm skeptical because he clearly has a receding hairline and he got a hair transplant, why would a person who can cure baldness naturally require a hair transplant.

Do you want to walk back the claim or can you defend it?