ChickenFeathers

Does a Conscious Investing LP Exist?

6 posts in this topic

I have been working on the LP course and have been deeply contemplating my life purpose. I feel various events in my life point to my purpose is within investing. I am just not sure how it can be done consciously. I am sure the LP will answer this as I continue my work. I bought the LP to see if this is truly my calling or if it is ego or survival driving this.

I've been reading various things on the Forum regarding investing and it seems that the consensus of those I follow is it is a get rich quick scheme and not creative. That nothing from investing is being creative that adds value or contributes to the world. As a longtime investor, I would agree in many aspects.

I started investing when I was in the military back in 2004-2008 after earning extra money overseas. For over a decade, I was obsessed and identified myself with building wealth.  I am not wealthy, but have done well. 

I was fired from my job as an analyst in 2017 due to a trading error. My firing was also due to my opposition of a poor performing product that was to be included in the model portfolios which I strongly apposed and every other member of the committee approved. This didn't sit well with my boss, and the trading error was an excuse to fire me. Good news though!!! It triggered my awakening and this has been the most amazing, beautiful thing to ever happen to me. It was the fork in the road to a path which is guiding me to the Truth.

Since the start of my awakening, my attachment to money has dissolved. I used to put on a pedestal milestones of account values. I just hit one of them, but it didn't matter to me. I invested without restriction for a long time, but as I've awakened, this has changed. I am much more mindful of what I invest in, for instance, no oil companies, tobacco, etc. My 2020 performance was really life transforming which led me to the urge and feeling that I need to do this for others, not just me. To many people are under-served. I feel the financial services industry is loaded with people with massive egos (I was one of them :) ).

I take the investing approach as being more of a business rather than ownership in paper. True ownership of a business, impacting lives all around. Some companies I've owned for over 10 years.

The investment industry has much regulation (rightfully so) so creative power is limited. This is an issue if always had with the business. I work as a credit analyst now. I feel the organization is conscious, but the work is limited. I can do far, far more and it is time to move on.

Perhaps helping no profits would be a niche for me. For an example, I guided a non-profit on how to sell their Bitcoin, they had no idea how to do it. I could manage portfolios with companies that have high consciousness values. This isn't new, but would be a way.

Could it be just through conscious, deeply present interactions with clients along with a conscious investment philosophy?  I've thought starting a YouTube channel and still might, but feel there are many out there but I feel most are low consciousness, click bait, talking up what they own type of Channels.

There are many paths I outline here. By no means am I starting a business in investing now or perhaps ever. It depends what the Life Purpose Course result will be. I love the idea of spiritual teaching as I have healed from a lot of trauma from the military, but that's what Leo is for :)  Right now, I am doing the LPC and contemplating this as a possible life purpose given my path thus far, skills, passion, and intuition. I just need to see if it is correct. Soooooo... Does a conscious investing Life Purpose exist?

Read the first money book on Leo's book list, that guy has a pretty solid life purpose that isn't toxic in the same field. 

It all depends on how you go about it and what you find meaningful to you. As you mentioned the space is filled with a lot of toxic bs, but it doesn't have to be. There is a lot of ways to help people reach financial freedom that isn't toxic. 

2 hours ago, ChickenFeathers said:

Does a conscious investing Life Purpose exist?

Yes, but you'd have to really operate outside the box to actualize it.

The funding and capitalization of conscious human activity is very important. The problem is how to do it amidst a sea of wolves and devils.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Have you thought about something like this?

I have and it is certainly interesting. I just helped a business severely impacted by COVID recover by providing analysis to get them the capital. They weathered the storm and that feels really good to see.

6 hours ago, ChickenFeathers said:

Does a conscious investing Life Purpose exist?

I think it does. A lot of time there is big potential in traditionally "low consciousness" fields for an LP. You can be the one to help raise the consciousness of that field.

It's going to be tricky though. You're going to have to be creative. And you're likely going to have to face a lot of pushback from the status quo and people who don't like what you're doing. The system may try to squash you.

1 hour ago, aurum said:

1 hour ago, aurum said:

The system may try to squash you.

That's true, I think if I where to go the asset  management route, I'd need to have significant assets under management to have a significant influence. From there, corporate activism could be effective and would help me withstand challenges.