Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
animani

Severe mental fatigue and headache

6 posts in this topic

I am experiencing severe mental fatigue and headaches every day. 

Writing this is giving so much headache, but I feel so helpless by not getting the help that I need or knowing what to do or how to approach this feeling of complete powerlessness.

I've been diagnosed by a doctor with burnout but I don't feel like they've evaluated me enough or taken me seriously, I'm currently seeking to get better help from other professionals.

Before these symptoms started to appear I had very high expectations on myself about personal development and never allowed myself to rest, so I'm not surprised if that's the reason behind all this. Though I want to be sure it's not something else.

I have very limited physical energy. I barely have the energy to go out for short walks in the forest, but I try to do it everyday without pushing myself.

My mental fatigue is so severe. Using computer or phone is giving me headache within 2 min. I have severe sound and light sensitivity, my head aches when I'm exposed to it. I'm not even able to talk to my roommate without headache. I'm not able to think clearly. Reading is giving me headache so I'm only able to read smaller sentences without resting my head inbetween.

My anxiety is sky-high, I'm struggling to sleep (though I get the sleep that I need but I'm easily woken up and it's hard sleep again). I also think that I'm getting more depressed, I've had suicidal thoughts for a long time and I don't really see the meaning with staying alive and I've been waking up every morning for the past year or so being completely anxious over the fact that I'm alive, while experiencing reality as "unreal". 

Also, I have IBS. I know it's playing some role in this also. Right now I'm only eating foods that feel good for my stomach, but I still feel like something is off and never quite right.

I've had IBS for maybe 5 years or more. 

The symptoms of fatigue started last summer.

I'm meditating everyday. Also as I have a tendency to moralize a lot, so right now I'm focusing on being aware of that tendency.

Taking cold showers and running have given me some energy/clarity of mind but I've let those practices go as I put too much on myself. I'm trying to let go of as much pressure on me as possible while still giving the body what it needs.

Anyone here with the knowledge/experience of what would be the best to do in this situation with these symptoms?

Any practices or treatments that is good to release stagnant energy in the body?

Or just some loving support? ...

Thank you for your kindness

Edited by animani

I would say you are avoiding something, or that is missing smthg, and that is triggering the anxiety, the effects on body and mind just come as a secondary effect, what could be triggering it? Explore that, no regular doctor will help with that, existential conflicts might take a while to get rid of.

I've been experiencing a pressure on my head for awhile, no medic or doctors can help me, I take a magnesium liquid everynight and some natural pills special for head pressure. And also I've noticed it calms down if I get my sleep schedule just right, sleeping all night at least 9 hours, and then if I have the chance I lay down on the grass and catch some sun at least 30 minutes. Right now I am also drinking 1 time per day natural and biological coffee. My advice is, try not get to intellectual about it, there is no miracle explanation for what is happening, just live life as you want to, change your belief systems, no one will help you with this.

Also, take a break from everything you feel is taking your energy out, could be internet or reading, just give yourself a full 24h abstinence day. 

Any processed meats in your diet, or other possible migraine tirggers? Also have you seen an eye doctor, or considered that it may be eye strain, possibly from electronic screen usage or positioning? 

I would make it my top priority to relax everyday, even if that's watching something funny on youtube. With meditation, again the purpose is relaxation. I would also make a list of things that make me happy and make self care and mood raising my priority over any personal development stuff, it IS personal development. When we move our focus to things we truly want to be doing resistance drops in other areas. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 09/04/2021 at 11:47 AM, animani said:

lso, I have IBS. I know it's playing some role in this also

This can be one of your main triggers & drivers actually. Gut-brain connection is a new emerging powerful therapeutic area for mental health. When was the last time you felt well? What has changed since then? How is your overall lifestyle? (exercise, diet, relaxation, sleep). 

Happy to have a chat if you'd like ^_^

But generally, your day-to-day decisions especially around what you put in your mouth and how you spend the active time will make all the difference here. Also, consider testing your Vitamin D levels. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 4/13/2021 at 1:01 PM, mandyjw said:

Any processed meats in your diet, or other possible migraine tirggers? Also have you seen an eye doctor, or considered that it may be eye strain, possibly from electronic screen usage or positioning? 

@mandyjw I rarely eat processed meat.

I went to an eye doctor not long ago. The last months I've been practicing my eye sight by reading blurry for ten minutes, then resting using my glasses/contact lenses for 20 min and so on. Though I am getting the same kind of headache when I have my glasses/contact lenses on. But this headache started to happen more often & daily after I started practicing my eyesight, so I will take a break from it for a while and see if it affects me somehow. 

I also get the headache when I have to think "too hard", when I listen to music, when I listen to someone talking and even when I talk. So it's not only the visual.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:01 PM, mandyjw said:

I would make it my top priority to relax everyday, even if that's watching something funny on youtube. With meditation, again the purpose is relaxation. I would also make a list of things that make me happy and make self care and mood raising my priority over any personal development stuff, it IS personal development. When we move our focus to things we truly want to be doing resistance drops in other areas. 

I have a very hard time relaxing during meditation as I'm being aware of my breath. Even when I end the meditation I'm tense.. I switched to being aware of tensions in my body during meditation when I read what you said, still tense but it's easier to relax.

I've also explored the question "What is the most loving thing to do now"? I feel like it gives me good guidence when not knowing what to do.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, Michael569 said:

This can be one of your main triggers & drivers actually. Gut-brain connection is a new emerging powerful therapeutic area for mental health. When was the last time you felt well? What has changed since then? How is your overall lifestyle? (exercise, diet, relaxation, sleep). 

Happy to have a chat if you'd like ^_^

But generally, your day-to-day decisions especially around what you put in your mouth and how you spend the active time will make all the difference here. Also, consider testing your Vitamin D levels. 

@Michael569 I will send you a message.