Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charnini

Am I in love with someone or lack of self love?

8 posts in this topic

This question is something that been on my mind lately especially when I start to have some feeling for one of my coworker. I won't say we both are close or in the stage where we show interest.

I still not sure the reason why I am interested in him. Beside, he is tall, nice and fit. ? I know.....

But I started to noticed maybe it's the idea of him playing in my head..

Last couple days I've been fascinating about him and what it was like to be in relationships with him. Going for road trip, hiking, showing off to my friend, and even showing compassion towards him. 

Come and thing i it, I don't even think I love him. I just falling inlove with the idea of me and him. 

But why can't I erase the feeling toward him. Even though I know what is going on?

Thank you for reading. 

Love doesn't work like that. It has to be reciprocated. What you seem to be describing is a crush. Try being upfront about it with him. Has he given you signs? Does he flirt with you?

Has he shown interest before?

If not, then don't have the idea of loving him because it will only serve the purpose to hurt you. If he has thrown hints or mixed signals along your way, you could try getting closer to him by throwing in some hints on your own, flirt a little and see how he reacts to it  

Guys are usually quite easy to read. They will shower you with affection or drop hints in some way to make you think that they are interested in you. Except really shy guys. But most guys who are keen in getting a girl they like do not miss any opportunity. In fact they use several opportunities to get your attention towards them and let you know their feelings for you, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to notice his interest. 

If he doesn't show interest, then stop thinking about him, since it is nothing but pointless rumination and a waste of time, time that is better served doing other valuable things. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 hours ago, charnini said:

This question is something that been on my mind lately especially when I start to have some feeling for one of my coworker. I won't say we both are close or in the stage where we show interest.

I still not sure the reason why I am interested in him. Beside, he is tall, nice and fit. ? I know.....

But I started to noticed maybe it's the idea of him playing in my head..

Last couple days I've been fascinating about him and what it was like to be in relationships with him. Going for road trip, hiking, showing off to my friend, and even showing compassion towards him. 

Come and thing i it, I don't even think I love him. I just falling inlove with the idea of me and him. 

But why can't I erase the feeling toward him. Even though I know what is going on?

Thank you for reading. 

You're way overthinking it. You like him. Ask him out or laugh at his jokes and drop hints so that he'll ask you out.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

23 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Love doesn't work like that. It has to be reciprocated. What you seem to be describing is a crush. Try being upfront about it with him. Has he given you signs? Does he flirt with you?

If not, then don't have the idea of loving him because it will only serve the purpose to hurt you. If he has thrown hints or mixed signals along your way, you could try getting closer to him by throwing in some hints on your own, flirt a little and see how he reacts to it  

Guys are usually quite easy to read. They will shower you with affection or drop hints in some way to make you think that they are interested in you. Except really shy guys. But most guys who are keen in getting a girl they like do not miss any opportunity. In fact they use several opportunities to get your attention towards them and let you know their feelings for you, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to notice his interest. 

If he doesn't show interest, then stop thinking about him, since it is nothing but pointless rumination and a waste of time, time that is better served doing other valuable things. 

Thank you so much for great tips and clarity! 

I am not sure if we both show any sign. I communicate with him like I would to everyone. I am friendly and out going. I am often smile or even giving out complement. I am not sure he would take that as interest. 

Yesterday, he offer to do my last minute task before I am done with work. He even said "Are you done for the day" and I said " yes" Then he said "Have a good night" But this could be he just being friendly. But I am kind of afraid to take it to heart because I tend to fall easily and start to day dream over his words.

17 hours ago, flowboy said:

You're way overthinking it. You like him. Ask him out or laugh at his jokes and drop hints so that he'll ask you out.

Easy said than done.... You got to understand that we work in the same place. It would create awkward environment if things end up badly.

@Origins

17 hours ago, flowboy said:

Can you explain it in easier way?