Frode

Here Are Some Great Ideas For Developing A Burning Desire For Money!

21 posts in this topic

Develop a BURNING desire for money, and start noticing more ways of making money, by using the ideas from "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Remember to Think . . . and Grow Rich! I'd love to hear what you think about these ideas :-)

Being honest, i didn't watch the whole video cause i got bored.
You for sure look motivated to make this work do (and that's 90% of the way).

@Bob84 Thank you for the honesty, Bob! Is there anything in particular that was extra boring, that I can improve? 

Maybe being offensively honest but the more you know about what people really think the more you can do with that.
First though going thru my head before clicking play was: kid trying to sell me a book. Then i was expecting you to tel me how to make like a million dollars or something.
At second glance it looks more like a book review, but its not (i think). Kind of confused as what to label it.
Also noticed that during the "How to Become a Straight-A Student" you are much more comfortable talking about it. With this video i get the feeling your not that comfortable or if you are reading.

Marketing wise tel people know what to expect, and present in a charismatic(i.o.w. confident) way. 

Edited by Bob84
spelling mistake

@Bob84 I agree, and one of my strong focuses is trying to get people tell me what they think about how I make the videos, so I'm thankful that you're giving it straight to me. 

What I do with these videos, is to present five ideas from books in a way that people can use the ideas, and get inspiration for reading the books themselves, if they find the ideas helpful. It's not about selling yet; it's rather a building of audience, getting feedback to improve, such that I can eventually deliver products with leverage.

I see how I can be more confident in my videos, most likely by practicing more than I do before shooting. 

Thank you for your feedback, Bob, I really appreciate it, since it's helping me learn what I can do better. Don't hesitate on giving me more feedback on other videos, given that you find them helpful and/or interesting! :)

Make a master video, and go into detail about all 5 ideas. Re-shoot it until it's perfect, that's what Leo did with his "How to stop being a victim" (One of his best videos imo)

Edited by JevinR

@JevinR That's a great tip, Jevin, I will do that later as I start making courses! :-)

Right now it's all about the volume, teaching as many ideas as possible, DOING THE WORK to build up my skills. 

@Frode Dont fal in the trap where you care to much do. When you care to much what people think of you when watching your videos you get a lot of sabotaging beliefs. Try not to care at all of people opinons when making a video. Leo has some good videos about this. The real you is more atractive to people than the fake you.

I would also say that you need a intro. With all the good stuff.

@Bob84 I totally agree, I believe it's best to not get too caught up with what people think of you, but rather pay attention to the constructive feedback. 

Do you mean an intro for the channel?

@Frode Now you mention it, yes also. I mean a sort intro on every video. For example Leo's videos, the intro on his videos give you a reasonable idea on what to expect. For someone that already knows your channel its not relevant. But for people that dont know you and find a video and click it. Question nr1 is always, what is this.

Ah, so what you mean, is that instead of just saying what ideas I'll be talking about, I also summarize in one sentence what the ideas consist of?

I don't want a burning desire for money. I don't really think  that is a great thing to aspire to. Money is money. It buys stuff and can allow you to live a life of comfortable and pleasant distraction but it doesn't buy happiness or love. Life is too short to chase after it. Research has shown that after you have enough to pay for your basic needs that any thing exta makes absolutely zero difference to your baseline happiness.

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

@Xpansion I totally agree that one shouldn't have a burning desire for anything that exceeds one's own needs, EXCEPT if it's for something greater than personal gains. 

For me, it isn't a desire for money itself that's the intention - it's the desire to open up my mind for more ways of making money, such that I can contribute in a more meaningful way to more people. 

What is your opinion on my last claim? 

1 hour ago, Frode said:

@Xpansion I totally agree that one shouldn't have a burning desire for anything that exceeds one's own needs, EXCEPT if it's for something greater than personal gains. 

For me, it isn't a desire for money itself that's the intention - it's the desire to open up my mind for more ways of making money, such that I can contribute in a more meaningful way to more people. 

What is your opinion on my last claim? 

I think it's just a belief that  you need more money to contribute in a more meaningful way. I don't think money has anything to do with meaning.      Plenty of ways to contribute without it.    

Im pretty sure that if every person in western culture donated a percentage of their wage each week we could make a massive dent in poverty levels. With the average western wage one person could most likely feed and shelter multiple families in developing countries.  Those are some ways one person doesn't need a lot to contribute meaningfully but instead can pool resources with others.

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

I can see how we can contribute extraordinarily by giving a percentage each, and if that was the norm, maybe our world would be better off.

A thing I've realized, though, is that it's easier to change yourself than to change others, so I am choosing to do everything I can to make an impact in people's lives. 

I value your opinion, and I may alter my beliefs as I discover more in life.

Please remove the music from your videos! :P Great work, but the annoying music isn't adding anything

@art Thank you very much for the honest feedback, I'll start making videos without the music :-) 

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see improvements in! 

The presentation felt a bit robotic.  You look tensed up when you're talking or something.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Were you reading from a teleprompter or something off screen?  The voice is too monotone.  I'd look into some vocal training.  I hear that even learning how to sing from an instructor can help with vocal training.

@smd I've also been noticing the robotic tendencies, and therefore I have started practicing more before I shoot the videos, in the hope of seeing improvements. 

As for the monotone voice, I'll do my best to vary it more.

Thank you very much for your feedback! 

Your voice goes high pitched at the end of every sentence. If you fix that, you'll sound 10x more confindent.