Guest SirVladimir

The rising instability in Europe & wailing for the lack of Yellow

5 posts in this topic

5 women were arrested in southern France today in suspected attack plot. (Source

This only adds to the streak. No other country in Western Europe has suffered as much from terrorism as France over the past decade. 

I'm beginning to wonder where we, as Europeans, are headed. I think the greatest obstacles are yet to come. Although we are nowhere as divided as the USA currently is, one cannot help but notice the rising sense of fear in people. The inflow of refugees, rising terrorism, and uncertainty are influencing the economy and politics of even the most stable countries like France or Germany; the backbones of modern Europe. And they can only take so much. These issues are effectively shaping how people go about their lives and, unfortunately, are dividing us more and more. 

I gotta be honest, there are simply too many variables for me to predict where Europe will be in 50 years' time. I don't have the courage to guess. However, the lack of systematic Yellow is beginning to rear its ugly head. Many of these postmodern world problems are so complex and intertwined that the current Green is simply not sufficient enough at solving them, as it is unwilling to lay tough decisions and instead resorts to emotional blindness, rather than evolving into 'cold heartless Yellow'. 

We're like the wind, blowing mindlessly devoid of integrated leaders. Where do you think we're headed? 

4 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

The inflow of refugees, rising terrorism, and uncertainty are influencing the economy and politics of even the most stable countries like France or Germany; the backbones of modern Europe. And they can only take so much. These issues are effectively shaping how people go about their lives and, unfortunately, are dividing us more and more. 

Ask yourself what's your countries involvement (in the Wars in the Middle East, The Shadow War in Africa against terrorist groups such as Boko Haram etc., former colonial exploitation under colonialism and current exploitation of former colonies) that's making some groups in your country more likely to embrace terrorism in order to shock the domestic civilian population too see what their government is doing or how it is aiding and abetting other nations abroad in treating populations in other nations as cheap labour, as part of their nation-building political experiment with certain populations or in the worst case scenario unintended target practice for the military industry. 

There is famous terrorist called Abu Musab al Suri or the Syrian, who used to be a part of Al Qaeda until he separated from them due to disagreements in terror tactics and in the strategy of conducting terrorist attacks (for example he rejected, and left Al Qaeda for that very reason, the grandiosity and the scale of the 9/11 attacks as doing more harm than good for the Islamist jihadi cause since it prompted and gave an excuse for America and other allied countries to invade more Middle Eastern countries and to strengthen their military hold there on the behest of Muslims living there) and moved his terrorist cell in Syria (former French protectorate) during the still ongoing Syrian War.

He suggested a radical change of approach and tactics to terrorist attacks. You don't target powerful symbols of nation's power and wealth and cause a world-wide spectacle with the attack as way and method by which you draw others and followers  (mostly Muslims) to your Islamist cause but you target the core inner components of a nation and state and exploit them in order to weaken it and to put pressure on it in order for the government and leaders of that country to lessen, stop or withdraw policies they formerly advocated and supported that affected your country in some way. And a core component of today's Western liberal and pluralistic democratic states and society are the civilians which it governs over. 

The idea was, Suri argued, to scare and frighten the domestic civilian populations for their lives and livelihood just enough for them to be more amicable to electing parties and politicians that would be more inclined or would evenly openly support policies that involve lessening the targeted Western countries presence or eventually withdrawing it all together from the country that its presence or its influence is somehow involved in. 

I would guess that that's a similar tactic applied behind these terrorist attacks. I could be dead wrong since I can't read the headline and text since I don't speak French. 

4 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

However, the lack of systematic Yellow is beginning to rear its ugly head. Many of these postmodern world problems are so complex and intertwined that the current Green is simply not sufficient enough at solving them, as it is unwilling to lay tough decisions and instead resorts to emotional blindness, rather than evolving into 'cold heartless Yellow'. 

Do you count the technocratic non-majoritarian and non-democratic institutions of the EU as that rational and calculating actor that effectively forces the final decisions in economics and politics on the pure attempted and predicted stability basis for the whole system that your country and Germany are an integral part of? Correct me if I am wrong if it is an element of the yellow component that you were looking for in your country and neighbouring ones in EU non-majoritarian technocratic institutions regarding monetary policy and even to some extent domestic policy (for example EU put economic sanctions on one of its members Poland, the last I heard, for turning legislation into law regarding the baning of abortion to a certain extent for women, on the basis that it is the violation of human and citizen rights of a population in a member state contained within the EU membership Charter and UN human rights charters, if I rember correctly).

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

21 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

'cold heartless Yellow'

Can you describe what you mean by that? Give an example?

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

4 hours ago, ItsNick said:

Can you describe what you mean by that? Give an example?

Green, essentially an immature one, may perceive Yellow as cold and harsh individuals, one reason being that Yellow is better at discerning between what is better for [insert issue/structure] as a whole and what leads to regression. A well-developed Green, which is starting to realize the limits of postmodernism, could do the trick, perhaps.

This is a rather well-written article: https://integraleuropeanconference.com/2018/05/18/the-real-transition-from-green-to-yellow-leida-schuringa/

And here's a Yellow approach being applied to the refugee crisis, if you want a specific example:

https://www.europeadultdevelopment.org/research-and-events/perspectives-immigration-schuringa